• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanGabrielrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

E3 2015

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

zane - 16 June 2015 05:33 PM

i dunno who the winner of e3 is, but its not nintendo, who looks as lonely as ever being left out from all the good cross platforms.

Its Sony after this confirmation,
It was just announced by Gio Corsi during their Live from E3 Stream on twitch. It was something to gauge interest and since it hit it’s goal they are officially partnering up to help fund and develop Shenmue3 with YS Net.

FF7 might be the same case , just need confirmation. Grin

Best conference evaaa.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 16 June 2015 06:18 PM

Its Sony after this confirmation,
It was just announced by Gio Corsi during their Live from E3 Stream on twitch. It was something to gauge interest and since it hit it’s goal they are officially partnering up to help fund and develop Shenmue3 with YS Net.

FF7 might be the same case , just need confirmation. Grin

Best conference evaaa.

Definitely Sony, this is going to be a conference for history. Even not taking into account the memorable aanouncements it was mostly just games and limited the other stuff to a few minutes. No Powers tv series or Wonderbook this year.

Just saw the Transformers reveal on the IGN stream. It looks bad and limited graphically but gameplay seems to fun and solid like most Platinum games.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Sony made it abundantly clear that it is now impossible to ignore this console generation. It doesn’t matter that 2 thirds of the games it featured were not exclusives - Sony is so in tune with that the people who watch E3 want out of gaming. Meanwhile, Nintendo did not only make me think the WiiU is winding down but that I’m only the secondary audience… and both those observations are probably true. Ninty will get the last word with the Treehouse event anyway and from what I’ve seen that’s pretty informative and engaging.

Microsoft has turned around a lot under the helm of Phil Spencer and I’m anxious that I have to choose between The Last Guardian or Rare Replay - Do I want 1 really good new game or 30 really good old games? I also really like Tomb Raider over Uncharted but PC might solve that problem.

Anyway, just one conference to go. Will Gaben bring the bombshell and claim victory in E3’s final hour?

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

thejobloshow - 16 June 2015 08:31 PM

Microsoft has turned around a lot under the helm of Phil Spencer and I’m anxious that I have to choose between The Last Guardian or Rare Replay - Do I want 1 really good new game or 30 really good old games?

Why choose? I have both Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The PC gaming show didn’t reveal a lot of amazing new things but it was a pretty entertaining show. Lots of developers showed up.
One of the biggest was probably Microsoft announcing Gear of Wars remake and Killer Instinct will be released on PC and maybe others (Master Chief collection?)
Blizzard also was there with some news about an Heroes of Storm expansion, but better yet, Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void will be for pre-purchase next month and 3 levels will be released.
A cool spiritual Rollercoaster Tycoon sequel was also shown by Frontier Developments.
No Man’s Sky was confirmed to be released at the time on PC and PS4. He also said they planned to announce the release date at E3 but couldn’t.
Tacoma (Gone Home team) and Soma (Amnesia team) were there and both looked great. Beyond Eyes also made a small appearance.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Best of show

Announcements

1. Shenmue3, because i never believed it would happen, but always had imagined reveal like this, Shu inviting Yu suzuki and Tree in the back with main theme.
2. Last guardian , Knew it would come so not as great impact as S3 , still.
3. Dishonored2,one of my fav last gen IP with great evolution.

Gameplay reveals

1. Last Guardian, Ueda the genius with trademark style.
2. Horizon, openworld, great graphics, sick dinobots design and only open world game beside DragonDogma with proper action combat mechanics.
3. UC4, best graphics, the attention to detail in the city and everything, overall gave more impact than The Order. Cant imagine what Santamonica and QDream gonna do with PS4.

Disappointments

Hitman, DeusEx, Tombraider all looked same with extra moves and levels and underwhelming graphics.

Shit Tier

Starfox and new Metroid.
Wtf? Pan

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I’ve heard Sea of Thieves is coming to PC too. I’m hoping the Rare Replay will.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Shenmue KS is past 3 million, in just one day.

To celebrate, listen to two of my fav tracks from Shenmue2.
Forever burned in my mind.

Grin

Edit:

No Metroid for WiiU confirmed, it would be too much for Ninty to make it, and would take 3 years so NX title. What a complete waste, too bad i have to hold on Wiiu for FatalFrame.
Also BG&E2; is dead, pretty much shows that Ubi cannot come closer to Sony, i mean its their own IP and they cannot even fund that but keep on making factory products, and whats more ironic is that next Ancel IP is with Sony Meh

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

That’s what annoys me about Ubi and BG&E2;. They won’t fund it, but they will spend thousands on CGI scenes that will only be used for promotion and never again.

In terms of conferences, here’s my best to worst:

Sony
Microsoft
Bethesda
Ubi
EA
SE
Nintendo

There’s too many interesting games to mention all of them, but here’s the ones that I’m really looking forward to:

Shenmue lll
The Last Guardian
South Park, The Fractured but Whole
Rare Replay - if bought to PC
Star Wars: Battefront

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Now we wait for Ubi to release the BG&E IP and give permission to Ancel to kickstart it with some other company Smile

I’ve watched some of the Nintendo Treehouse footage, they really did a terrible job at the digital event showing the games, FExSMT looks like a good RPG, kind of like a Persona RPG with Fire Emplem characters.
Starfox looks nothing special but might play great. Mario Maker also looks very good.
While 2016 will be the end of WiiU, at least this year there’s something to play.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Best of show

1.  Fallout 4
2.  Horizon Zero Dawn
3.  Last Guardian
4.  Uncharted 4
5.  Star Wars Battlefront
6.  Cuphead
7.  Dishonored 2
8.  South Park
9.  Ghost Recon Wildlands
10. Need For Speed
11. Doom

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

There needs to be more cuphead love in this thread.

*Drooling*

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Considering games with actual gameplay footage what got more hyped to play were:

Last Guardian

Fallout 4
Horizon
No Man’s Sky

In conferences Sony was in front by a long distance, Nintendo clearly last and rest kind of equal in the middle.

Lucien21 - 17 June 2015 03:52 PM

There needs to be more cuphead love in this thread.

*Drooling*

Beautiful!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

40 minute Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain demo 1080p60 on IGN incoming.

“The newly announced Shenmue 3 now holds the Guinness World Record for the fastest video game to raise UD$1million in contributions on a crowdfunding platform. Ys Net’s role-playing game raised US$1 million in an 1 hour 42 minutes, breaking the previous record of 6 hours 5 minutes set by Torment: Tides of Numenera in 2013.”

Yum

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

The project is in a really good state, but Sony never thought to launch this year. They didn’t want to make an announcement until they were confident about a release window and they could show it running on PS4. The video they shown during the press conference is the actual game.
The development has the tech down, the concept is finalized, many levels have already been made, so Sony is very confident about the 2016 release window. -TLG

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top