• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

E3 2015

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I’m wondering where Yu Suzuki goes from here. The short clip we saw on the KS clearly needed work, but will he get the original voice actors back or what?

It’s been a long time since Shenmue and apparently Suzuki’s said Sega still own S1 and S2. So, personally, I really think we need them releasing too. I’m hoping Sega are seeing this and get to work on releasing 1 and 2.

I’d love to have the trilogy on steam or something; )

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1063968

Game of the show?
Beautiful, painting in motion

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

They would have to be pretty dumb to not re-release at this point, but it’s Sega, they don’t always make the best decisions.
I would like to see it, never played Shemnue, never owned the consoles it was released and was never happy with the emulators perfomance.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-16-beyond-two-souls-and-heavy-rain-are-heading-to-ps4

Quantic Dream HD remake bundle coming soon

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 16 June 2015 09:16 AM

They would have to be pretty dumb to not re-release at this point, but it’s Sega, they don’t always make the best decisions.
I would like to see it, never played Shemnue, never owned the consoles it was released and was never happy with the emulators perfomance.

What you never played Shenmue?
Wat the wat the Pan

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lucien21 - 16 June 2015 09:19 AM

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-16-beyond-two-souls-and-heavy-rain-are-heading-to-ps4

Why i never sold my Dishonored and Heavyrain copy, why? Cry

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 16 June 2015 09:59 AM

Wat the wat the Pan

One of my biggest shames Neutral
Never owned a Dreamcast (or Xbox) and the game doesn’t work perfectly in an emulator (at least it didn’t last time I tried some years ago)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 16 June 2015 10:13 AM
nomadsoul - 16 June 2015 09:59 AM

Wat the wat the Pan

One of my biggest shames Neutral
Never owned a Dreamcast (or Xbox) and the game doesn’t work perfectly in an emulator (at least it didn’t last time I tried some years ago)

Back then it was easy to ignore gameplay chores, so i dont know how you guys who never played at that time will bode with those oldschool nature, still unlike Gta, Shenmue always had a soul, scope and feels.
I personally dont want any workforce to delay S3 for Shenmue1&2 remasters and stuff.
I am only missing one guy in KS and thats Yuzokoshiro who made amazing tunes for the game, yes he is same guy who did music for Streets of rage.

Edit:

Tempering my expectations,
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1064188

Seems like Starfox reveal and if we are lucky Metroid.

However, SEnix will have Hitman and DeusEx gameplay demo confirmed, so there is that.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

It’s difficult to explain why Shenmue is so great. Some people hate it for its clunky mechanics and voice acting and it’s hard to disagree, but for me personally, I saw it as the next step in the adventure genre.

It starts off with a cliché story about a revenge, but as you go through it, it becomes so much more. You move at your own pace and explore the area and the way of life through the people you meet. You learn about the their culture, about martial arts all while the story moves along at the pace you choose. Telltale and other games have clearly taken elements from Shenmue, but they’ve decided to keep it in the more TV show format.

Add to that the choice to find collectables in shops, fighting mechanics and (at the time advance) cinematic atmosphere, it becomes a really unique experience for its time. It was years ahead.

Shenmue 2 got rid of some of the issues, and added more to the trilogy with a huge chunk of Hong Kong to explore Smile

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I think this guy likes Shenmue

However I remember it being the most expensive game in the world at the time to make so how are they going to do it for $2-4m. Broken Age struggled with $3m and it’s not an open world game. I suspect the kickstarter is just to show investers that there is an appetite for the game and the real funding is coming from elsewhere.

Wiki says it was the equivalent of $100m in todays money and that just the first game.

People also look back at that game with rose coloured glasses. Yes it was the first game to have a truly realistic open world with Day night schedules and characters who had a schedule. You had to work and do normal day to day stuff and be in bed every night etc. However that world could be tediously realistic at times.

It also invented QTE’s so we have it to thank or blame for that.

The game was a technological marvelpiece that was way ahead of it’s time, but since then we have had Sleeping Dogs and Yakuza and Grand Theft Auto etc that have all done open world urban landscapes better.

It will be interesting to see if they pull this off.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lucien21 - 16 June 2015 09:19 AM

They are only releasing in PAL areas? No North America. So strange

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

The numbers are all over the places to the point of us not knowing the truth.

I think the truth was 47 million for everything.

It started life on the saturn, got scrapped for a fresh start on the DC, then split into two games. You also have to take into account that they had to build the tools every engine takes for granted nowadays.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Well, got semi-working stream (without sound) but I’m seeing Starfox at the Nintendo event. Not bad. (I want Metroid)

Edit: Metroid Prime co-op 3DS game? Not really the Metroid I wanted…

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Turned it off. Starfox has waggle crap and the rest of this has been stretched out due to having nothing. The wiiu’s last big game might be Starfox and Zelda (that might get ported too).

How is Xenoblade still not out yet!? It’s been in dev the wii u’s whole life.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Nintendo has to get rid off Mario OCD mental afflicton.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top