• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Playthrough #9 - Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I just entered the manager’s office too. I hope my character realizes that he has no way out of the office. At least not from the same way he came in.
I like the story thus far. I agree with everyone who said that it is very “BlairWitchProjectish”.

Seems that a Banshee took them?
And what was all these about an ancient relic being a portal key?
I guess we will find out! Smile

On the gameplay side, I was kind of disappointed from the big number of HO games in it. We did get warned though.

rtrooney - 16 May 2015 01:05 PM

I kind of agree. But then there are things in Scratches that work that way as well. When you don’t know what to do, you start wandering and/or revisiting places you’ve been before hoping there might be something new. (Despite thinking that I had thoroughly scoured my bedroom, I return and find a bag next to the fireplace.) I don’t know how many times I visited the garage/chapel/crypt even though I hadn’t found anything that would help me to enter any of those locations. So it’s a bit “adventure-like” in that it requires constant exploration. Plus, we may have been spoiled by playing games that did tend to hand feed us.

These are entirely different things though.
The bag was ALWAYS there, since the beginning, it was just that you haven’t noticed it the first time. As for the other locations, you will found keys, etc in locations you haven’t found yet. You can take what you need anytime you see it. There is no “The game allowes me to take an item I couldn’t take the first time I saw it” logic, which is a usual difference between many normal and casual adventure games. Mind you, I had no problem with that specific element of the game.

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I think everybody has reached the hotel Manager’s office. So, rather than make you wait until tomorrow, let’s move onto the next segment.

You will do a little more exploring, but it should go rather quickly. Probably no more than an hour. At the end of this segment you will find the first of four fairly hard puzzles. One for each student.

You have three days, or until May 22, to reach this point.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I reached the beforementioned point. Took me less time than the first chapter, but I guess that’s because I got used to the game’s logic. The last riddle was easier than I expected. I’m trying to find every changing object now. Smile

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Brrr!  I, too, have reached the fisherman.  It was chilly and damp here in NJ last night, and all this ice and snow was making me me shiver.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

I’m there!

These days I go everywhere with a carpetbag containing a crowbar, a flashlight, a screwdriver, an oilcan, a ladder, a zipper tab, and a chihuahua.

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Made it through the next part. Stumbled a bit with what to do with the saw. Chuckled at the aigz label on the jar of green eggs in the boathouse HO scene.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I would normally say go ahead, but there are three players who have not reported in. That’s a good thing as it will allow me to spend a few minutes with Scratches on the other playthrough tomorrow.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sefir - 19 May 2015 04:53 PM

I reached the beforementioned point. Took me less time than the first chapter, but I guess that’s because I got used to the game’s logic. The last riddle was easier than I expected. I’m trying to find every changing object now. Smile

Again, I don’t know what the difference is between the SE and CE versions of the game. Obviously finding “morphing” objects and other achievements is one of those differences. If I might paraphrase one of Sefir’s comments re: Scratches, Let’s not go there until we get there.

The last segment is intended to be a game discussion, as well as discussion of the CE vs SE. No need to discuss the CE quite yet.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I made it there too. What I love best about this game is how they make you really, really, believe it is cold outside!

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Still two people who haven’t reported in. They’re probably out playing Scratches or something. Wink

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’ve reached the hut.

Colpet—what does aigz stand for?

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Becky - 21 May 2015 03:48 PM

I’ve reached the hut.

Hint—It’s a gross misspelling and not an acronym.
“aigz” = eggs

I’ve reached the hut with the frozen guy.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Seems that everyone is here, so there is no sense in delaying the start of the next segment. We’re now searching for Student #2. I’m fairly certain that this segment will be a bit harder than the search for Student #1.

Again you have three days, or until May 24, to finish. (Or until everyone checks in saying they’re finished.)

Play until you reach this scene. This puzzle, although easy, is very time consuming to solve. Any player that uses the Skip button must go to the back of the line and wait until everyone else has finished. Kind of like Amazing Race

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

crabapple - 21 May 2015 04:16 PM
Becky - 21 May 2015 03:48 PM

I’ve reached the hut.

Hint—It’s a gross misspelling and not an acronym.
“aigz” = eggs

I’ve reached the hut with the frozen guy.

Didn’t understand what everyone was talking about. Until I realized that aigz in italic looked like algz.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

I messed up somehow. I’ve not found your student #2, but have found the Blacksmith and the girl with the black hair instead.
BTW, who is taking the video when all 4 students are in the movie?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top