• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Playthrough #9 - Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Heh.  I had forgotten about Shadow Lake.  Lea Thompson played a psychic, if I remember correctly.  It was a bit hokey and far-fetched, but I still liked playing it.  Of course, I even liked the original Madam Fate, although having to repeat some of the jigsaw puzzles because they timed out was a bit of a drag.  I enjoyed the wacky art style and figuring out the murderer.  Smile

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I loved Shadow Lake. It had its problems, such as a little too easy and too short, but the atmosphere was good and the two main actors were hilarious. And any game with a Norton Commando in it has to be good.

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 02 June 2015 01:11 AM

Heh.  I had forgotten about Shadow Lake.  Lea Thompson played a psychic, if I remember correctly.  It was a bit hokey and far-fetched, but I still liked playing it.  Of course, I even liked the original Madam Fate, although having to repeat some of the jigsaw puzzles because they timed out was a bit of a drag.  I enjoyed the wacky art style and figuring out the murderer.  Smile

I will admit that the art style in Madam Fate was very good. Two parts of the game that I disliked were the “find all” puzzles, (Find 18 matchsticks/worms/pins etc,) and the fact that you had to earn your Hints. The latter isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but my tendency was to hoard them because I never knew when I would really need one. Which made the HO scenes more difficult.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I will post the next playthrough later today.  I have a some errands to run and a small project to finish first.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

Tim, thank you for leading this portion of the Dire Grove playthrough. An excellent job again.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Also a thank you for leading this playthrough from me Tim.
Even though I finished the game a bit prematurely, then I still very much enjoyed this CP.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

A very enjoyable playthrough! Thanks Tim.  Smile

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Great leading and excellent game choice Tim. Thanks again!

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Thanks,Tim, for heading this one up.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I enjoyed this one, too.  Thank you for leading it, Tim.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

You’re welcome everybody. But the secret to being a good leader is to get things started, and then get out of the way!  Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

It was a great playthrough. Thanks to everyone for participating.

I know there were too many HO scenes. Unfortunately that comes with the territory when playing a casual game from this era.

If anything surprised me, or maybe “took me by surprise” is a better way of saying it ... it was the apparent non-linearity of the game. I, obviously, had played it before and was unaware that there was an alternative sequence of events that led to the same conclusion.

Although, having said that, it would seem to me that those alternate sequences were stumbled upon, and were not sequences that I would have thought of taking. Sefir deducing the lock combination from the ID card rather than needing to solve the telephone puzzle first is one example.

Nevertheless, we all arrived at the same place safe and sound.

Now it’s off the next Dire Grove episode. I’ll see you there.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top