• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Clueless: The More Fun Blonde QUIZ [ENDED]

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

DarkEye - 11 May 2015 03:23 PM

Can someone explain to me what is this all about? Is this a mistake? Confused

No, there’s no mistake DarkEye but it’s incredible how nearly identical the screenshots are from Forever Worlds & Crystal Key 2! This one’s from Forever Worlds:

But you’re right, there has to be a mistake somewhere!!!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Ugh, I picked the wrong Professor Layton game and failed to see that Becky put it among those I didn’t get right… Meh

Also bummed that I missed Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon, Escape From Monkey Island (sneaky screenshot, though, totally misinterpreted the clouds), Drawn: Dark Flight and Journey to the Center of the Earth. But especially Callahan’s and Escape. Frown
Also dumb of me to not check any screenshots for So Blonde, but seeing as how I hardly did any research at all, I’m not dissatisfied with my score. Cool

Great quiz, Becky! It was fun! Thumbs Up

And congrats to DarkEye, Lady Kestrel and Abnaxus for dominating it!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Interesting! Thank you chrissie.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Thanks for the quiz, Becky! I only picked the low-hanging fruit, but I should have recognized many more screenshots.  Confused Don’t know how you quizmasters manage to find new titles all the time.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Fantastic quiz! Thumbs Up Good difficulty balance, too. I loved the format, though it proved I had more troubles with the “1pt” Flowers, than the “2pts” Bonus. Angry (and I was even late to send my bonus answers). Congratulations to all participants.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

DarkEye - 11 May 2015 03:23 PM

Can someone explain to me what is this all about? Is this a mistake? Confused

I’ve just whizzed through a You Tube playthrough of this game, which I did play way back in the past with the alternative title of Evany, & unless anyone can confirm otherwise I think that this screenshot has mistakenly been included in a gallery for this game & is actually a scene exclusive to Forever Worlds!

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

It’s great that people enjoyed the quiz!

Difficulty level is tricky. Capturing a small detail on the screen, so that people don’t see the whole, sometimes meant that fewer people recognized it than I thought (examples: Gray Matter, Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition, and the original The Book of Unwritten Tales). On the other hand, I expected that no one would recognize Eternam and Alice’s Journey, but people did. These games must be better known than I imagined.

Re: the “Flowers” section. I now realize that just because I notice plants and flowers in games doesn’t mean that anyone else is noticing them. Gasp Yes, it turns out that the “Flowers” section was about on par with the “Bonus” section in terms of difficulty. I didn’t want the Bonus section to be so impossible that it was discouraging, though.

I had a lot of fun getting the Escape from Monkey Island screenshot. I took multiple screen captures until I found Guybrush’s most ridiculous position during the diving sequence. The Discworld Noir screenshot was also amusing, waiting for that one moment that lightning struck to turn the fur from brown to blonde. Well, sort of blonde.

As for finding lesser-known games—searching the databases looking for another game that starts with “E” can do that. On a much wider scale, previous quizzes have introduced me to a lot of games I hadn’t seen before—if the screenshot looks good, I often check the game out after it’s finally identified at the end of the quiz.

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

chrissie - 12 May 2015 07:25 AM

I’ve just whizzed through a You Tube playthrough of this game, which I did play way back in the past with the alternative title of Evany, & unless anyone can confirm otherwise I think that this screenshot has mistakenly been included in a gallery for this game & is actually a scene exclusive to Forever Worlds!

Thank you for your time, chrissie.I was lucky enough to find a screen of Forever Worlds first to avoid confusion. Wink

The Critter section was the hardest part of this quiz for me.I’ve spent way to much time looking for 34, 40, 44.On the other hand I was 100% sure that I know number 68, I was so wrong- Spirits of Spring? First time hearing.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top