• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Clueless: The More Fun Blonde QUIZ [ENDED]

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

zobraks - 11 May 2015 04:20 AM

And it gets even bester.

Not besetestsetterrr?

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

More tigers are always appreciated.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Clueless: The More Fun Blonde Quiz has just ended.

Whew! What a ride!

I’m tabulating the final results now and will post them soon.

Many thanks to all who participated, plus the spectators who cheered us on. (I know you were there!)

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

THE FINAL RECKONING, LISTED BY GAME AND QUIZ PARTCIPANT

(FINAL STANDINGS CAN BE FOUND ON PAGE ONE OF THIS THREAD IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE ANSWERS IN SECTION 4)

1 Tales of Monkey Island  chrissie, wilco, DarkEye, diego, Lady Kestrel, Abnaxus, SpeedBo, SoccerDude28, TimovieMan, Karlok,
2 L.A. Noire  wilco, DarkEye, Abnaxus, Lady Kestrel, TimovieMan, Karlok,
3 Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive  wilco, DarkEye, Lady Kestrel, Abnaxus, SpeedBo, diego, TimovieMan, Karlok, chrissie,
4 Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle  DarkEye, SpeedBo, chrissie, diego,
5 Lady Gaga Saw Game  wilco, DarkEye, Abnaxus,
6 Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror Remastered   chrissie, wilco, DarkEye, diego, Lady Kestrel, Abnaxus, SpeedBo, SoccerDude28, TimovieMan, Karlok,
7 Ceville  DarkEye, diego, Lady Kestrel, Abnaxus, SpeedBo, chrissie, TimovieMan, Karlok,
8 A New Beginning  DarkEye, Lady Kestrel,
9 The Capri Connection  DarkEye, Lady Kestrel, Karlok, chrissie,
10 King’s Quest I: Quest for the Crown DarkEye, SpeedBo,
11 Moebius: Empire Rising chrissie, wilco, DarkEye, diego, Abnaxus, SpeedBo, Lady Kestrel, TimovieMan, Karlok,
12 The Next BIG Thing wilco, DarkEye, Lady Kestrel, Abnaxus, SpeedBo, chrissie, TimovieMan,
13 Last Half of Darkness : Tomb of Zojir DarkEye,
14 Hoodwink DarkEye, chrissie,
15 Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box  wilco, DarkEye, Abnaxus, Lady Kestrel, chrissie,
16 Delaware St. John: Volume 3 – The Seacliff Tragedy wilco, DarkEye, Lady Kestrel, Abnaxus,
17 The Beast Within: A Gabriel Knight Mystery chrissie, wilco, DarkEye, diego, Lady Kestrel, Abnaxus, SpeedBo, SoccerDude28, TimovieMan, Karlok,
18 Black Circle: A Carol Reed Mystery chrissie, DarkEye, diego, Lady Kestrel, SpeedBo, TimovieMan,
19 Reah: Face the Unknown wilco, DarkEye, Lady Kestrel, Abnaxus,
20 The Ballads of Reemus: When the Bed Bites DarkEye, diego, SpeedBo, Lady Kestrel, chrissie,
21 Gold and Glory: The Road to El Dorado wilco, DarkEye, diego, Lady Kestrel, Abnaxus, SpeedBo, chrissie,  TimovieMan, SoccerDude28,
22 Oz Orwell and the Crawling Chaos Abnaxus, DarkEye, chrissie, Lady Kestrel,
23 Gray Matter chrissie,
24 Fire wilco, DarkEye, diego, Abnaxus, SpeedBo, SoccerDude28, Karlok, Timovieman, chrissie,
25 Everlight of Magic and Power DarkEye, diego, Lady Kestrel, SpeedBo, chrissie,
26 The Seven Noble Kinsmen: A Shakespeare Murder Mystery DarkEye,
27 Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold DarkEye, SpeedBo,
28 Casebook wilco, DarkEye, Lady Kestrel, Abnaxus,
29 Bone Lady Kestrel, DarkEye, Abnaxus, SpeedBo, chrissie, wilco,
30 The Silver Lining SpeedBo, diego, DarkEye, chrissie,
31 Amphora Lady Kestrel,
32 Miasmata DarkEye, chrissie, Abnaxus, SpeedBo,
33 The Curse of Monkey Island SoccerDude28, Lady Kestrel, DarkEye, TimovieMan, Abnaxus, SpeedBo, diego, wilco, chrissie,
34 Faye King: Jungle Jeopardy SoccerDude28, Abnaxus, TimovieMan, DarkEye, Lady Kestrel,
35 Forever Worlds chrissie, Lady Kestrel, DarkEye,
36 Heaven SpeedBo,
37 Discworld Noir Abnaxus, TimovieMan, LadyKestrel, DarkEye, chrissie,
38 Duck Quest DarkEye,  Abnaxus,
39 King’s Quest VII: The Princeless Bride SoccerDude28, Lady Kestrel, DarkEye, TimovieMan, SpeedBo, diego, Karlok, wilco,
40 CastleAbra Abnaxus, LadyKestrel, DarkEye,
41 ECHO: Secrets of the Lost Cavern DarkEye, Abnaxus, chrissie, wilco,
42 Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo DarkEye, Abnaxus, Lady Kestrel,  wilco,
43 The Book of Unwritten Tales: Critter Chronicles chrissie, Lady Kestrel, DarkEye, Abnaxus, SpeedBo, diego,

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

44 Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon Lady Kestrel, diego, Karlok, Abnaxus,
45 The Book of Unwritten Tales 1 Lady Kestrel, DarkEye,
46 Clue Chronicles: Fatal Illusion chrissie, Lady Kestrel, DarkEye, Abnaxus, diego, wilco,
47 Eternam Lady Kestrel, DarkEye, Abnaxus, diego, wilco,
48 Doggins DarkEye, chrissie, wilco,
49 Alice’s Journey DarkEye, Abnaxus,
50 Mercer Mayer’s Little Critter and the Great Race DarkEye,
51 Toonstruck SoccerDude28, Lady Kestrel, DarkEye, TimovieMan, Abnaxus, SpeedBo, diego, wilco,
52 Grim Fandango SoccerDude28, Lady Kestrel, DarkEye, TimovieMan, Abnaxus, chrissie, wilco,
53 The Ugly Prince Duckling Lady Kestrel, DarkEye, SpeedBo, diego, Karlok, wilco,
54 Alfred Hitchcock Presents The Final Cut DarkEye, diego, wilco,
55 Dracula: Origin Lady Kestrel, chrissie, DarkEye, diego,
56 Myst (realMyst: Masterpiece Edition) SpeedBo,
57 The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 SpeedBo, diego, DarkEye, Abnaxus, Lady Kestrel,
58 Myst III: Exile SpeedBo, Lady Kestrel,  Karlok,
59 Puzzle Agent Lady Kestrel,  DarkEye, Karlok, DarkEye, Abnaxus, chrissie, SoccerDude28, wilco, SpeedBo,
60 Ether One Abnaxus, DarkEye, Lady Kestrel,
61 Culpa Innata DarkEye, Abnaxus, wilco,
62 Merlin’s Apprentice DarkEye, Abnaxus, wilco,
63 Memoria Abnaxus,
64 Hanamushi Flower Insects DarkEye, Abnaxus,
65 Green Moon DarkEye, Abnaxus, wilco,
66 Mysterious Journey/Schizm II: Chameleon DarkEye, chrissie,
67 Atlantis Evolution DarkEye,
68 Spirits of Spring Abnaxus, Lady Kestrel,
69 Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Adventures SpeedBo, DarkEye, Abnaxus, chrissie, Lady Kestrel,
70 Louisiana Adventure DarkEye, Abnaxus, chrissie, wilco,
71 So Blonde 1 DarkEye,  chrissie,
72 Zork: Grand Inquisitor diego, Lady Kestrel,  DarkEye, Karlok, Abnaxus, chrissie, wilco,
73 Journey to the Center of the Earth SpeedBo, Lady Kestrel,  DarkEye, chrissie,
74 King’s Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella SpeedBo, diego, Lady Kestrel,  DarkEye, TimovieMan, Karlok, Abnaxus, chrissie,
75 Sea of Giants: Society of Secret Giants DarkEye, wilco,
76 Escape from Monkey Island Lady Kestrel, DarkEye, SoccerDude28, SpeedBo,
77 Drawn: Dark Flight chrissie,
78 Nancy Drew: The Phantom of Venice Lady Kestrel, DarkEye, chrissie, Abanxus,
79 Sam & Max Hit the Road Lady Kestrel, TimovieMan, chrissie, SoccerDude28, Abanxus, wilco, SpeedBo,
80 Tony Tough and the Night of the Roasted Moths Lady Kestrel, TimovieMan, DarkEye, Abanxus, wilco, SpeedBo, chrissie,
81 So Blonde: Back to the Island (DS) Lady Kestrel, DarkEye, Abanxus, chrissie, SpeedBo,
82 Jazzpunk DarkEye,
83 Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers—20th Anniversary Edition Abnaxus, TimovieMan, LadyKestrel, DarkEye,
84 Goodbye Deponia DarkEye, Abanxus, SpeedBo,
85 RHEM 3: The Secret Library Abnaxus, LadyKestrel, SpeedBo, DarkEye, chrissie,
86 Odyssey: The Search for Ulysses DarkEye,

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Congratulations to DarkEye and Lady Kestrel and to everyone who played and a big thanks to Becky for this colorful quiz !

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Wow!  Congratulations to Dark Eye for that amazing score and to Abnaxus for such a close contest.  This was a tough but excellent quiz, Becky, and I thank you for putting it together.  There were at least 5 or 6 games I hadn’t heard of before, but I am kicking myself for missing the Drawn game.  I was picturing the animation of the rabbit in my mind but just couldn’t remember where I saw it.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

CLUELESS: THE MORE FUN BLONDE QUIZ PRIZES

First Place

DarkEye is awarded the “You Can Have Your Blonde Hair and Eat It Too” Prize

Second Place

Lady Kestrel is awarded the “It’s True Blondes Have More Fun” Prize

Third Place

Abnaxus is awarded the “If I Have Only One Undead Life to Live, Let Me Live it as a Blonde” Prize

Congratulations to the winners! And thanks to all who participated.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Brief explanation of the so-called clues:

“The” counts.

B 3
L 4
O 2
N 1
D 6
E 5

If you look at the answers on page one of this thread, you’ll note that three of the game titles start with the letter “B,” four titles start with the letter “L,” and so on. The trick to alphabetizing something this way, however, is that in some systems, games that start with “The” aren’t alphabetized as “T” games—they are counted as titles that start with the next word. (For instance, “The Book of Unwritten Tales” may be listed as “Book of Unwritten Tales, The.”) To try to overcome this problem, I included “The counts” to indicate that any title starting with “The” (like, “The Book of Unwritten Tales”) should be considered a title starting with “T”, not “B.”

Also, if you arrange the letters by number, it spells the word “nobled.” I hoped that this would indicate to people that they could search any adventure game database looking for titles that indicate nobility. So if you searched for “king” or “lady” or “prince,” or “knight,” you would stumble across a game that was part of the quiz.

Cluelessly complicated, yes???  Innocent

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

This was very entertaining quiz, Becky.I didn’t expected so many relatively new games in the mix, but that makes the quiz even more challenging.(At least for me)I still can’t believe how I failed to place that yellow fellow from Sam&Max;. Shifty Eyed
Congrats to Lady Kestrel for the second place and Abnaxus for the third! (Again Laughing )
And Abnaxus, your time will come….
P.S. I don’t want to hear a word “screenshot” for a next few days. Wink

Those flowers are for you, Becky!

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

They are lovely. Thanks!  Grin

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Wow DarkEye! - what a score so congratulations to you!!! & also to Lady kestrel & Abnaxus who gave me no hope of catching up!!!!! But no matter as it was a lovely quirky & interesting quiz which I enjoyed very much taking part in so thank you Becky!!!

I ‘wasted’ too much time with the clue but I do love the ‘simplicity’ of it now you’ve explained it but was completely thrown by the word ‘torture’! I don’t really mean I wasted my time but I used to love doing very hard cryptic crosswords but to get your head around them I found that you need to have some idea of the ‘mind’ of the setter & in this case I was ‘clueless’!! I did try rearranging the letters but it really didn’t occur to me that ‘nobled’ would be a clue too - BUT, I will know next time! & just love the thought you put in to it Becky! Thank you again! Heart

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I was over-thinking the clue, too.  Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I thought that using the “clues” to search might be like torture because of the sheer number of games. Looking at the Adventure Gamers database of games that begin with “B,” for instance, reveals 11 pages with 12 games per page—roughly 132 games. And that’s only for “B”! Some can automatically be excluded, of course, but that still leaves a lot of searching to do.

On the other hand, at the time the “clues” were listed, there were two games beginning with the letter “O”—Oz Orwell and the Crawling Chaos and Odyssey: The Search for Ulysses, neither of which had been guessed yet. And there are a mere 84 adventure games in the AG “O” index.

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Can someone explain to me what is this all about? Is this a mistake? Confused

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top