• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Order of the Thorne by Infamous Quests

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Sweet! I like smaller chunks in a series type of game. If it’s a true standalone, large-scale game, 10-15 is good….which, when you add up what you have planned, is just about that!

Looking forward to this!

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

i clocked in at exactly 4 hours at the end. On the short side of things, but it was 4 hours of active exploring and things happening. No filler.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Dat Sierra hit :p

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Adventure Gamers published a nice review of the game! Thank you for taking the time to play and write a review.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/30300

Just wanted to address this:

The narration also features an annoying design fault: even with voice-overs turned on, a mouse-click is required at the end of each text screen to advance to the next one. Perhaps I can’t get the way things used to be out of my head, but it seems completely and unnecessarily non-standard for a conversation, or a series of connected narrations, to not just proceed unhindered without having to constantly click to move them forward. Of course, since all narrations are subtitled, if you’d rather just read ahead you’re free to click through it early.

In the options menu, you can select either dialogue wait or dialogue skip; wait mode lets you control when the text moves at the end by pressing a key/click, in skip mode, when the vocal is done, it automatically moves to the next line.  Some players want it to auto-skip, others like to take their time, read and make sure they don’t miss details. We wanted to make sure we covered for both kinds of players!

Thanks for the nice review, and I hope you’ll enjoy the second game in the anthology!

Bt

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Finished the game. It was a fun and sweet 4 hours. It’s a throwback to games in the 90s with lot’s of nice supporting characters and a lot of locations to explore.  I’m looking forward to the next game in the serie.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Anyone know what is going on with the sequel? I haven’t heard anything.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Luhr28 - 11 March 2018 04:10 AM

I’m guessing the game hasn’t sold so well that the developers could be doing it as their main work, so if it ever comes, it’ll take time. It’s pretty common with indie devs, as the sales are mostly hand to mouth if even that.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

no, it is canceled i ve heard it from Steven himself.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Thanks guys,

I wonder how much money you need to make a pixel art game anyway. I thought it would be pretty easy, I mean you have ppl making pixelart freeware games all the time and Order of the Thorne was very short.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Order of the Thorne wasn’t made as the common pixel art freeware games, it was mimicking KQ5 outlook and presentation and that is a step or two above common Pixelart games, or in another way as the difference between KQIV and KQV, plus it was their first professional voice-over actor and studio-quality experience since they ever started, since they first appeared as Infamous Adventures.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Luhr28 - 11 March 2018 12:41 PM

Thanks guys,

I wonder how much money you need to make a pixel art game anyway. I thought it would be pretty easy, I mean you have ppl making pixelart freeware games all the time and Order of the Thorne was very short.

Let’s put it this way: it’s far more common to see bad pixel art than good. Despite the resolution is dropped, the quality of work will shine through it, so while some aspects of the art can be hidden by dropping the resolution, the overall quality has still to be there. That goes to animation as well.

Doin that properly can be time-consuming, especially if you can’t afford multiple artists that can properly do stuff in similar style.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Luhr28 - 11 March 2018 04:10 AM

It hasn’t been canceled (according to IQ’s co-founder just today). But it’s definitely not being worked on full-time, so I think “when it’s done” is the only safe timetable at this point.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Yes, it’s not been canceled.  People often think that because we said Infamous Quests is done making games - we’re finishing the ones we have in production (Quest for Infamy - Roehm to Ruin) and Order of the Thorne: Fortress of Fire.  RtR is being finished now, and when that is done and released, I’ll be moving to working on finishing Fortress of Fire.  FoF has a lot of work done, the pieces really just need to be assembled, refined, etc.  But it’s coming.  As Jackal said, none of us is working full time on games now, so the schedule is
“When it’s done.”  But we aren’t making any more games beyond the ones we have right now, I think that’s where the confusion lies.

Bt

Total Posts: 260

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

I’m really glad to hear that it isn’t cancelled. The first part has given me that King’s Quest or Kyrandia vibe that I love.

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

So is this new game going to wrap up the story? I don’t think many people will be interested in buying the 2nd game of a 4 game series that will never be finshed.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top