• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

SpeedBowalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A Face to Place!

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

New game idea from yours truly. Smile Might work, not sure.

Find a decent face image of an adventure game character, crop any part of it (maybe just the eyes for instance) and we guess who it is. When someone guesses it, you then reveal the full face that was cropped. The solver takes the next turn. You can give clues in subsequent posts by gradually expanding the amount of face visible if noone can guess it.

** edit: google image search has been found to give the solution on some cropped images. Please test your cropped images on google image before posting it here, to see if it gives the solution. If it does, see if you can crop it differently (posting one half of the face, left side or right side with only one eye/half the mouth visible seems to work) to escape google image’s ruthless algorithms!

Here’s the first one, pretty easy and a good example:

or you could do a different part of the face, eg

Ok then, who can ID this.. erm.. ‘broken’ face? Grin

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sure, I’ll play. Cool

That’s George Stobbart! At least, that’s him in the 5th game. He looks different in each one… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

That’s correct, TimovieMan!

Revealed:

Your turn. Smile

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The way we started, soon we’ll have “Place that nipple!” thread.  Crazy (just kidding. just kidding, this is a wonderful idea, Roman! But I know zobraks would fancy the idea.)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

diego - 11 April 2015 08:45 AM

The way we started, soon we’ll have “Place that nipple!” thread.

Sounds interesting…I would play that! Oh, and I’ll also try playing this game, too.  Crazy

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

By the way, as this is about ID’ing a face only, you can select faces of different people from the same game or game series as much as you like, as it’s not the game we’re discovering. However, by knowing the face, we’ll know the game anyway. So for instance, someone can still show part of the face of another character from Broken Sword 5.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Alright, let’s ID these eyes:

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

This is nice idea Roman5, but I don’t know how to take a screenshot or crop it. Frown

Just Kidding!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

DarkEye - 12 April 2015 02:55 AM

This is nice idea Roman5,

It is. Smile

but I don’t know how to take a screenshot or crop it. Frown

I KNEW it! You can come out now, ghostquizmaster. Game’s up!

Just Kidding!

HA! I’m on to you!

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I really dig those eyes… so I did some DIGGIN’... and… I read some Boston’s law…  OK, I’ll stop now: Boston Low, The Dig.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Boston Low is correct! Thumbs Up

It’s that one pixel of brown hair above the gray that did it, right? Tongue

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TimovieMan - 12 April 2015 04:43 AM

Boston Low is correct! Thumbs Up

It’s that one pixel of brown hair above the gray that did it, right? Tongue

The little wrinkle between the eyebrows, actually. Grin

Next, Guess That Haircut!:

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Aahhh… that’s whatshisname from Black Dahlia. The attractive detective.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Shame on you, you had a crush on a video game character.  Cool

Yes, that’s right.  Wink

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

What a fun game. I hope I can guess one too. I’m really bad a these things.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Here’s your chance, tsa.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top