• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 01 April 2015

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’m sure a couple of gaming sites will come up with a cool April Fool prank. In the meantime I’ll repost an oldie from 2012. Awsomenauts announced Monkey Throttle: A Storydriven Sidescrolling Point And Click Online Multiplayer Adventure Brawler Arena Role Playing Shooter game.   Cool

And here’s a nice one from 2004, even nicer with hindsight:

We are sorry to announce that FunCom will be stopping production on their much anticipated sequel to the highly acclaimed PC game ‘The Longest Journey’.  Otherwise known as ‘Dreamfall’, The Longest Journey 2 was slated to be one of the most anticipated adventure games that the genre has ever seen. Combining excellent puzzles with an epic storyline.

The cancellation comes as a direct result of consulting with the game company, Lucas Arts, with their recent cancellation of ‘Sam and Max 2: Freelance Police’. Through meetings with Lucas Arts, we have realized that there is no market for adventure games at the moment.

We are sorry for this disappointing announcement. For further information please visit the official site that was launched this morning: http://www.funcom.com/dreamfall

LOL. I remember LucasArts cancelling Sam&Max; 2 in March, just a few weeks earlier. There was a petition, signed by over 30,000 gamers. I think it was started by an AG forumite. LucasArts remained unmoved of course, but then we had Telltale and their Sam&Max;. Smile

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Haha… great, never saw this one before.

BTW, I’m really sorry this is the last AG Scene of the Day from you Karlok, and chrissie, you’ve done a wonderful job on it!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 31 March 2015 08:35 PM

BTW, I’m really sorry this is the last AG Scene of the Day from you Karlok, and chrissie, you’ve done a wonderful job on it!

HA! I’m not falling for that one, diego.  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Here’s one specially for you. In 2009 Daedalic announced that the Whispered World would be a text adventure. Graphics had become too expensive, given the economic situation.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 31 March 2015 08:52 PM
diego - 31 March 2015 08:35 PM

HA! I’m not falling for that one, diego.  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Here’s one specially for you. In 2009 Daedalic announced that the Whispered World would be a text adventure. Graphics had become too expensive, given the economic situation.

This one? Smile

Capcom did a Aprils Fool this year
The next Ace Attorney will feature dogs as characters

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

LOL @ the Jack Black reference Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 31 March 2015 09:17 PM

This one? Smile

Wow, I didn’t know Daedalic actually went to the trouble of making a demo! The girl says it’s in the Special Edition. Must be the German one. I wouldn’t mind playing it. Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top