• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Beckychrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz: Just Jukes - ENDED

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Wonderful Quiz. Thanks for organizing Smile

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

You’re welcome!  I’m glad you enjoyed it.

diego - 29 March 2015 08:30 PM

Fantastic quiz, LK! That “Swing Low Sweet Chariot” is quite groovy! Wink

Scratchy is probably a better adjective.  Those records didn’t last very long.  Wink

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Thanks for the beautiful quiz Lady Kestrel! I’ve really enjoyed this.And what a great reward that is, thanks! You have proved that even a small(er) quiz could be fantastic and challenging too.I may consider to do something similar sometimes.Congrats to chrissie who comes dangerously close in the final couple of hours & to Becky, competitive as always!
I’ve checked Orion Conspiracy screens for at least 5 times but couldn’t find the one from the quiz.(And still can’t), but have no excuses not to find Pandora D.Smiley

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Was Bad Timing ever released? I remember it was one of our old-timer forum member’s idea, but I never heard anything about it being done. Googling for it also did not show any results of a shipped game.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I was happy to give your gray cells a workout, DarkEye!  You found all but those two, so don’t feel bad.  Adventure-Treff has the screenshot for The Orion Conspiracy, but you have to look under The. Tongue I haven’t played The Pandora Directive, but it seems to just be a background item.  The screenshot I got it from shows it over Tex’s shoulder, and I didn’t see it in any other shots.

I don’t know, SoccerDude.  I got the screenshot from here but never played the game.

Edit:  Sorry about that!  The status says it’s on hold, so I guess it was never released.  It was supposed to be freeware.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5814

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thank you Lady Kestrel for such a lovely but very challenging quiz & I’m looking forward to being entertained by the Holly Golightly Quartet!

Congratulations DarkEye!!!! You don’t know how hard I tried to catch up with you! And Becky I always find you the most ‘dangerous’ when I’ve got ahead & the 1st person’s score I checked each time!  Laughing

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Thanks for the quiz, Lady Kestrel. Congratulations on the winners. Happy to be part of the 4th place trio!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Thanks for the quiz, Lady Kestrel! Cool

Congrats to the winners! Thumbs Up

DarkEye, you’re the new God of Quizzes. Do you have a temple where we can worship? Tongue

I’m kicking myself for not having found 7 and 14, and for having overlooked 10 and 18.

I’m WELL behind those that actually scored great/good/decently, but at least I’m the “best of the rest”... Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

What an entertaining quiz, Lady K! And congrats to DarkEye and chrissie.

I’m kicking myself for missing number 11—I actually looked right at the screenshot at one point, but didn’t look closely enough. I also wondered why I seemed to be the only one in the quiz who couldn’t figure out number 23.

I was curious as I was researching—are American diners and bars the only places where jukeboxes are common? Or are they a worldwide phenomenon?

I was surprised when I couldn’t find a jukebox anywhere in Full Throttle.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Lady Kestrel - 29 March 2015 05:30 PM

Don’t feel bad, Jabod.  Most of us have been there one time or another.

I certainly don’t feel bad Lady K. Firstly, somebody has to come last. Secondly I enjoy recognising what I can and, oddly, find it amusing when I don’t recognise ones that I should. In this quiz there were only 2 other games that I have played that I could have recognised being Pandora and Orion Conspiracy. Pandora I should have I think, Orion no idea where that is whatsoever. Thirdly I greatly admire those that hunt down pictures from games they haven’t played. I suspect their detective skills here make them more accomplished adventure game players than myself Smile

Good quiz and, even though I scored poorly, I greatly enjoyed it (as I do all those I also score poorly in).

Life is what it is.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Becky - 30 March 2015 07:03 AM

I was curious as I was researching—are American diners and bars the only places where jukeboxes are common? Or are they a worldwide phenomenon?

American culture, not worldwide.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Thanks for the quiz Lady K, it was once again a lot of fun.
And congratulations to DarkEye and the runners up, now matter how much time I had spend on this, I would never have gotten close to your scores.

There are a couple of pictures I’m now kicking myself for no recognizing, but thankfully only a couple, especially 13: Larry remake and 24: ihnmams. I was actually looking at a picture of the Larry remake with the jukebox at one point, but it never occurred to me that you would be sneaky enough to feature both the original and the remake I however have absolutely no excuse for not remembering the jukebox in ihnmams.

You can also find them many places in Europe and probably worldwide, but they are perhaps more common in the USA. I for example just finished the Samaritan Paradox, which also features a jukebox in a bar in Sweden.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

You are very welcome, everyone! 

Here’s the full screenshot for The Orion Conspiracy:

Image Attachments

OrionConspiracy.jpg

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Iznogood - 30 March 2015 08:00 AM

You can also find them many places in Europe and probably worldwide, but they are perhaps more common in the USA. I for example just finished the Samaritan Paradox, which also features a jukebox in a bar in Sweden.

Well, like everything that is related to the american culture it finds its way to show up worldwide, but I don’t think were ever very common.

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

That very image has shortened my life for about six months, Lady Kestrel! Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top