• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

I’ve Returned and I’ve Brought a Demo - Sleuthhounds: The Unlocked Room

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2012-12-29

PM

Hi everyone,

It’s been a looong while since I’ve logged onto the AG forums, dang real life getting in the way.  I have kept up on the news as best I can.

And that’s why I’m breaking my silence and posting today, because I have news.  I made my own adventure game (demo).  Yay, hurray!

I’ve been a computer programmer professionally for over fourteen years now.  A large part of why I got into programming was because of those classic adventures.  The first adventure I remember playing was Batman: The Caped Crusader back in ‘88 or ‘89.  That was followed by a boxed set of the first four Space Quests and LucasArts’ “Classic Adventures” box (with Maniac Mansion, Zak, Loom, Last Crusade, and Secret of Monkey Island).

Anyway, I am excited and pleased to present Sleuthhounds: The Unlocked Room.  This is a tech demo for a much larger computer game that I’m working on for release (no ETA on that yet).  But that’s the future and this is now.  And in the now there’s the tech demo.

Pureluck Homes has been abducted!  He awakens from a chloroform induced stupor to find himself trapped in a dungeon.  The only way out: an open hatch in the ceiling above, tantalizingly beyond his reach.

Can you guide the dauntless detective to freedom?  Can you learn the identity of the one behind Homes’s capture?  And whatever happened to the invitation to Homes’s next big case?

Features
-Point-n-click adventure game that can be played one handed, leaving your other hand free for munchies.  Mm, munchies.
-Introducing the first sleuthhound: Pureluck Homes (there’s one more to come).
-Multiple control schemes tailored to playing by mouse OR on touch based tablets. You decide!
-Different difficulty settings, hotspot highlighter, and built in hint system allow you to control how challenging the, er, challenge is.
-Standalone adventure demo means no spoiling the main game when it arrives.
-Over one character* and over two rooms of sleuthing challenges provides minutes of entertainment! (*includes Pureluck Homes himself)
-Unique clue connecting challenges allow you to get inside the head (ew!) of the famed detective.
-Multiple achievements and special feature unlocks will keep you coming back to prove you are the greatest sleuthhound.

Head over to the official Sleuthhounds page to download your copy of the game demo today!

And I would love to get feedback from people on this demo in order to make the full game even better.

Check out my adventure game series Sleuthhounds!

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

It was quite good, I really liked the music, the fact that there were side quests and also the interface with the case book. I didn`t like the voice acting of Pureluck Homes (heh) and the graphics were a little rough.
Nice job, keep up with the good work   Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2012-12-29

PM

Thank you so much, Abnaxus, for the feedback.  Could you elaborate a bit more on the roughness of the graphics?  Just want to make sure I understand the comment correctly.

As well, any suggestions on a better “type” of voice for Pureluck?

I’m working towards a full length game but it’s a ways off yet.  Part of my sneaky plan for putting out a demo way early was to get thoughts and feedback on things I could improve.  So, yeah, your comments are very much appreciated!

Check out my adventure game series Sleuthhounds!

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Sabacc - 16 March 2015 06:52 PM

Could you elaborate a bit more on the roughness of the graphics?

Well the graphics are not bad by any means but they feel a little… I don`t know exactly how to describe them… maybe “thin” ?! I know, I know… I`m not making much sense, sorry Neutral (I liked the way particles of dust were visible in the light from the ceiling hatch, that was a nice touch)

Sabacc - 16 March 2015 06:52 PM

As well, any suggestions on a better “type” of voice for Pureluck?

The fact that you have voice acting in an indie adventure game it`s no small thing, but it feels like the actor is trying a little bit too much, like he is holding his breath or something. Maybe a deeper voice would do the trick.

Hope it helps, maybe someone more articulate than me could give you better advice Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top