• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

TimovieMan

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 10 March 2015

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Advie - 10 March 2015 11:46 AM

i swear you didnt play Chapter or you would have known that these are no spoilers.

And if you read my signature, you’ll see I’m a backer of Chapters.

There are places to discuss that game - this thread is not it. And even in those places, we have spoiler tags for a reason. Others called that image out as spoilerish, so I removed it.

End of story.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Advie - 10 March 2015 08:39 AM
Iznogood - 10 March 2015 08:35 AM

@Advie the screenshot you posted from Chapters is somewhat spoilerish to those who haven’t played Book One yet Pan

come on, as if any one noticed , i am just enlightening not spoiling   Cool

I have noticed it and you’re lucky I don’t give a damn about Dreamfall Chapters (I’m not even sure what that is), or I’d… (vivid description of assorted violence cut out due to post author’s self-control)... you for your “enlightening.”

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Advie - 10 March 2015 11:46 AM

and why don’t you guys go also and delete posts for ppl who ruin quizzes by giving hits, why do you rebuke posters when they express their hate for telltale, why do you always close threads of the most important issues like GK-remake and Kings Quest , why you turn off a thread of someone whos promoting his game ‘Fate of Atlantis’ and calling him a spammer, why dont even go shut my OST thread that i ve been spamming all alone in one thread for two years; sharing vital infos no cared to bring in, why dont you admit that your site had been scammed with Tex Murphy’s fans and would go fighting forever to prove otherwise, do you feel untouchables .

There was indeed some spoiling with the picture posted (but nothing worse than the Grim Fandango picture posted on the homepage of this very site), though these are all valid points.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Chrissie, accusations like that aren’t called for.

People seem to be losing their cool over nothing here. A potentially spoilerish screenshot was removed so as not to even inadvertently give away something important for people who hadn’t played it. Seems entirely sensible to me.

And if the screenshot is what I imagine it must have been from the beginning of DC1, then no, it’s nothing like the Grim Fandango review teaser. At all.

Advie, that Moriarty post wasn’t an insult whatsoever, and it was indeed said with utmost respect to the man. Very few Golden Age developers have kept in touch with the current genre scene, and by limiting his list to only the more newsworthy US-based adventure developers at the moment, it supports the notion that he isn’t familiar with the likes of even Daedalic. (What on earth this issue has to do with anything in this thread is beyond me, but there it is.)

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Jackal - 11 March 2015 07:33 PM

Chrissie, accusations like that aren’t called for.

I know Jackal so I apologise to Advie for being so presumptious & have deleted the post.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Jackal - 11 March 2015 07:33 PM

And if the screenshot is what I imagine it must have been from the beginning of DC1, then no, it’s nothing like the Grim Fandango review teaser. At all.

No, it wasn’t THAT spoilerish!
Since it was me who called out the picture for being spoilerish, then I should probably clarity, that I thought it to be somewhat spoilerish, but not more spoilerish than I can understand why Advie thought differently.

Anyway water under the bridge now, I just didn’t want people to think Advie had gone completely crazy, and posted something like THAT.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 10 March 2015 06:02 AM

From a young, naive, insecure art student troubled by dreams to a tough, even cynic warrior with no illusions left: April Ryan. One of the best female protagonists ever. IMO. Smile

I thought she was a great character in The Longest Journey & as much as I loved Dreamfall was a little disappointed that the story was less about her & also how she had changed when she did turn up. I would prefer to wait for all Dreamfall chapters to be released before playing but I think I will be tempted way before!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top