• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #32: Toonstruck

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Good idea to use reaching Zanydu as a checkpoint Wink

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Ok so I reached Zanydu, and this time around I am really enjoying the game much more. I really like flux, obviously Drew, and the half Irish/half Scottish cheese. Fluffy fluffy bun bun’s voice is irritating, but I think that’s the point. So far so good   Cool

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Voice acting does elevate the game, even when some jokes fall flat delivery is so good!
Footman sounds like he belongs in Downton Abbey.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Fluffy Fluffy Bun Bun reminds me a lot of a certain friend of mine. (Well, except for the laugh.) I’m looking forward to using Fluffy as a kind of psychological study.

The voices remind me a lot of those from classic cartoons. This seems to be a melding of old-time cartoons with a new-fangled digital medium.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Footman - A pun waiting to happen. Also, King Hugh’s footman. Why does he have 4 toes instead of 5?

Bricabrac - Your only hope lies in the bumbling Royal engineer.

Sparky and Chipper - A pair of dancing armadillo guards in King Hugh service. Even though one has a deeper and other a kiddy voice, either:

a) They’re identical twins
b) Or all armadillos in Cutopia look exactly the same!

Dough and Mee - Part-time singers, part-time bakers. They can’t do either without Ray, though.

Ms. Fit - Look at all the cool breas… uh, getups!

Fingers -  Could very well be from the Sharky & George show!

Barman - Freeeeedom! (Do it both in “Braveheart” and “Bono Vox” accents)

Mouse - The things he has to go through…

Fluffy Fluffy Bun Bun - The cutest, sweetest little bunny. Bipolar, too.

The Carecrow - Camp as a row of tents.

Marge, Polly & Elmer - Marge does all the talk. Elmer never says a word.

Squirrel - A nasty-looking squirrel.

Elephant - A precariously perched pachyderm. (Male or female?) Technically, could be a Zanyduian, too.

King Hugh- compassionate and caring as Hugh Grant in a romantic comedy movie.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ve arrived in Zanydu. Funny how remember some stuff (like the half-irish/half scottish bartender, the footman) but others are like I’m playing for the first time. Guess some were more memorable than others…
Probably a lot of the puns also flew past me the first time I played since I didn’t understand english very well at the time.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

My game finally arrived, and I’m going to try it in ScummVM on my Mac.  Since the game has 2 CDs, will I have to copy both to Scumm?

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Lady Kestrel - 09 March 2015 03:38 PM

My game finally arrived, and I’m going to try it in ScummVM on my Mac.  Since the game has 2 CDs, will I have to copy both to Scumm?

Yeah you copy everything from both cds to a folder, and point scummvm to it. It works great.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

SoccerDude28 - 09 March 2015 03:49 PM
Lady Kestrel - 09 March 2015 03:38 PM

Yeah you copy everything from both cds to a folder, and point scummvm to it. It works great.

Although I’m not playing along I did dig out my discs and did precisely as above which didn’t work. A couple of days later Diego posted this:

diego - 05 March 2015 05:44 AM

OK, you can now start to game, AND - I’ll give you a one whole week to reach the Zanydu, so anyone who wants to finish TWW playthrough or haven’t got their copy can still catch up. Remember, you can do and go wherever you want, but stop once you reach Zanydy (or at least, don’t do anything in Zanydu for now).

Run in ScummVM:

If you own the original 2 discs version, you need to copy:

• ACT1 folder
• ACT2 folder
• MISC folder

into the desired directory on your hard drive, and then use that directory in the latest ScummVM.

Gameplay tips:

- “Escape key” skips the line of a dialogue.
- Right-mouse click gets you instantly to a next screen

Which did.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Jabod - 09 March 2015 04:08 PM

• ACT1 folder
• ACT2 folder
• MISC folder

into the desired directory on your hard drive, and then use that directory in the latest ScummVM.

Gameplay tips:

Which did.

How is this different from copying the content of the 2 cd’s?

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

SoccerDude28 - 09 March 2015 04:10 PM
Jabod - 09 March 2015 04:08 PM

• ACT1 folder
• ACT2 folder
• MISC folder

Gameplay tips:

Which did.

How is this different from copying the content of the 2 cd’s?

You bring in extra files like .exe files which, it would appear, confuses Scumm

Life is what it is.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Jabod - 09 March 2015 04:17 PM

Sorry, not trying to derail this too much, but I do have the exe’s in my installation and it works great. Which version of ScummVm are you using? I am using the latest 1.70.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

SoccerDude28 - 09 March 2015 04:42 PM
Jabod - 09 March 2015 04:17 PM

Sorry, not trying to derail this too much, but I do have the exe’s in my installation and it works great. Which version of ScummVm are you using? I am using the latest 1.70.

That’s odd. I was running 1.6 but when Toonstruck initially didn’t work when I copied over the whole of each CD I checked for a later version and installed 1.7 and hit the same problem. Followed Diego’s instructions and it ran fine (well, not fine. Pixelated badly at full screen and I’ve not spent any time in trying to work out a screen resolution that suited).

Life is what it is.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I copied both CDs to a folder on my desktop, and the game runs fine in ScummVM version 1.7.  I did have trouble quitting, however, because I forgot to print out the Read Me file.  I ended up using Command Q.

This is my first time playing the game.  So far I’ve been reprimanded for touching the trophies and have been urged to find a pair of glasses.  Flux is a neat character, and I see that I can use him on things as well.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Phooey!  My saved game didn’t take.  Do I need to make a save game folder?  Also, is there any way to skip the long intro?

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top