• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

kanaifu

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 01 March 2015

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Nico talking lovingly to the ferocious goat in Broken Sword 5: The Serpent’s Curse (2014). It was unthinkable that the goat would not return when Kickstarter backers started calling themselves The Order of the GoatCool

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

That puzzle was both ridiculous and great Smile

Anyone got the goat Tshirt or bottle opener?

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I backed BS5 at the lowest level and I’m sorry I did. It turned out so well and was fun to play.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It really did turn out great. The only (small) problem I think they could have avoided was dividing the game in two episodes, they should have just released the whole game together later.
It’s almost one year since the release, I hope we get some news soon on what is next for Revolution (BASS2 please).

Edit: BTW, 2015 is the year of the Goat! (Chinese zodiac)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 01 March 2015 12:08 PM

Edit: BTW, 2015 is the year of the Goat! (Chinese zodiac)

Hehe, precisely for this reason I was thinking this two weeks ago: they should have postponed the release to coincide with the Chinese New Year this year. Tongue

Doing something like that is not unheard of. The movie ‘9’ got postponed almost a full year, just so it could release on 09/09/09. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

It was quite good, but relied too much on BS1 (similar like in BS1 - there’s an incident in Paris streets at the beginning, then we travel to Spanish hacienda looking for a secret chamber where we will light the candle in order to solve a centuries old mystery Smile; and after we travel to the Middle East).

Still, I think it’s safe to say it’s been one of the better (if not the best) Kickstarter efforts so far.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

BS5 turned out much better than I had ever expected. Even though I’m still not entirely sold on the way they handled the character models, the game is in general gorgeous to look at and just such a joy to play through.

The only aspect that felt rough was the cutscenes, where anything resembling action set pieces were slow, clunky and awkward.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I really enjoyed BS3 & 4 but for me they lacked the charm of the previous games & BS5 seemed to recapture that!

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Are there any sales figures anywhere to be found or can someone give some rough estimate?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top