• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 23 February 2015

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Today’s scene is from Darkness Within 2: The Dark Lineage (2010).

The protagonist in this 1st person perspective ‘psychological’ horror story inspired by Lovecraft is mental patient Howard Loreid previously a policeman encountered in Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder. The games were intended to be a trilogy but although I don’t remember too much about the 1st which sets the scene I’m finding The Dark Lineage without that background to be one of the most engrossing games I’ve ever played anyway.
Also it has some nice game mechanics which include being able to crouch & jump, also to pick-up & move items.  I don’t usually like keyboard + mouse control but it’s so smooth & painless! 

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I somehow assumed that’s a first person game and you don’t get to see yourself (or other humans) while playing it.
Is this a cutscene screenshot?

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zobraks - 23 February 2015 09:01 AM

I somehow assumed that’s a first person game and you don’t get to see yourself (or other humans) while playing it.

Wait, are you telling me you never stopped over a water to see your reflection in Myst, or looked in the mirror to see what you look like in Zork?!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I’m looking for my reflection all the time.
I LOVE myself.

I never played a Zork game.

Wait a minute, I played Zork: The Great Underground Empire (1981) for a while but didn’t get to see myself there.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zobraks - 23 February 2015 09:13 AM

Wait a minute, I played Zork: The Great Underground Empire (1981) for a while but didn’t get to see myself there.

That’s because you don’t know hot to play text adventures, silly! Type <look mirror

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Zobraks has a point. In the 3rd-person game Murder on the Orient Express the female amateur detective can see herself in the mirror. But in the 1st-person game The Last Express Robert Cath, who has a voice and a face in cut scenes, can not see himself in the same mirror on the same Orient Express!

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Professor Samuel Hunt can see himself in the mirror just fine:

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
who’s the most silly dressed adventure game character of them all?

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 23 February 2015 09:48 AM

Robert Cath… can not see himself in the… mirror

Just like Dracula:

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

zobraks - 23 February 2015 09:01 AM

Is this a cutscene screenshot?

Yes , it is a cut scene & it’s so far the only one I’ve come across in the game where you actually see the protagonist - I haven’t quite finished yet. There is a lot of solitary exploration but you do encounter other characters to interact with too!

zobraks - 23 February 2015 12:33 PM
Karlok - 23 February 2015 09:48 AM

Robert Cath… can not see himself in the… mirror

Just like Dracula:

I could do with a mirror like that on my bad hair days!  Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top