• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 22 February 2015

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

You are shivering in the cold night air of an English courtyard, unsure of the forces that are driving you on this night of destiny. Here among the gravestones the most famous sword in all England grows out of a large, oddly-shaped rock. A shaft of moonlight falls upon the magic runes that simmer in the polished steel:

WHOSO PULLETH OUT THE SWORD OF THIS STONE,  IS RIGHTWISE KING BORN OF ALL ENGLAND

Text adventure of the month is Infocom’s Arthur: The Quest for Excalibur (1989). The graphics could be better, even for those days, but the writing shines again, thanks to one of my favorite IF designers, Bob Bates. A true king is chivalrous, strong, courageous and wise. Therefore, you must prove yourself worthy to become king by doing the right things and gaining chivalry, wisdom, experience, and quest points.

For no reason at all I have kitchens on the brain today…  Innocent

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I love everything Arthurian (Sean Connery, anyone?), so I would love to play this. Well, as soon as I get caught in the “text adventure” mania. Cool

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top