• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

QUIZ:  “What’s Cookin’ “[ENDED]

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Number 94 comes closest, although I’ve replaced the advocado green fridge with brushed stainless steel.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Most of the times it looks like 90 Smile

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Mine’s most like 86, though my refrigerator is most like 3.

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Interesting! Laughing  I would say 33, but in red colour.
That’s not good wilco Pan

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

No time for cleaning the kitchen, too busy looking for pictures of kitchens Tongue

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

wilco - 23 February 2015 05:49 PM

No time for cleaning the kitchen, too busy looking for pictures of kitchens Tongue

In that case, it’s fine! Cool

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Zobraks, nice signature!Do you also provide hints for sport betting?Smiley

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

DarkEye - 24 February 2015 02:11 AM

Zobraks, nice signature!

Thanks. It’s probably annoying some people I know, but there you go.

Do you also provide hints for sport betting?

Sure, and they’re 100% accurate. It works like this: I tell you who(m?) I like in a match/race and you place your bet on the other player/team/horse. It never fails .

Well, the system isn’t so effective with horses, there are usually more than two of those critters in a race.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 24 February 2015 04:47 AM

Zobraks, nice signature!

Thanks. It’s probably annoying some people I know, but there you go.

Not me. I’m glad I no longer feel the urge to click on your don’t click here sig. I clicked far too many times hoping to see a new ad.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 24 February 2015 05:05 AM

I’m glad I no longer feel the urge to click on your don’t click here sig. I clicked far too many times hoping to see a new ad.

I had an idea of changing the stuff you get when you click on “don’t click here”* (for instance, I have an extremely funny, yet nasty for a place like this, animated gif I wanted folks to see and have some fun), but were afraid to do so. I promise to bring “don’t click here” back and slip in a few surprises now and then.

*although Coca-Cola paid well, mind you

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

My kitchen has the outside appearance of 68, but a lay-out that’s shaped more like 87. If that makes any sense to you. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

There is one thread about GF spoilers open.I don’t get it, how can one little screenshot ruin your whole game experience? Sick What about quizzes than? Many images used were from the game ending scenes, and I never heard anyone complains about.I went through almost every possible let’s play video on youtube, and I never felt that this would ruin my fun- and never did! Game is either good or is not, you like it/hate it!

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

With a quiz, you know before you click on the thread that you’ll see screenshots. So if you really hate being “spoiled” you just don’t read the thread.

I suspect that worrying about spoilers differs with every person. Some people play mostly for the puzzles—they don’t worry very much about plot spoilers. Some people play mostly for the story—they don’t worry very much about puzzle spoilers (in fact, they might welcome a hint or two or three).

Some people really enjoy the long lead-up to “what’s going to happen next.” They enjoy the suspense. Other people can’t wait to get through whatever the game is throwing their way—they get frustrated with a long-drawn-out suspenseful sequence. A mild plot spoiler might actually be a relief to them.

I think it’s so individual a reaction to any and every screenshot, that it’s difficult to customize “non-spoilage” in every instance for every person. If you’re putting out content—a quiz, a review, a forum post—you do the best you can using your own judgment, because that’s really all you CAN do.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

DarkEye - 24 February 2015 10:27 PM

There is one thread about GF spoilers open.I don’t get it, how can one little screenshot ruin your whole game experience? Sick

Unless I’m going completely mad I don’t see that thread anymore - has it been removed?

The issue seemed to be about the screenshot heading the review being perceived as a spoiler – to me it’s no different from glimpses of content in film trailers to entice you & of course what you see is always presented out of context so how can it/they be a spoiler?

Becky - 25 February 2015 01:10 PM

I think it’s so individual a reaction to any and every screenshot, that it’s difficult to customize “non-spoilage” in every instance for every person. If you’re putting out content—a quiz, a review, a forum post—you do the best you can using your own judgment, because that’s really all you CAN do.

I’m guessing DarkEye that you are thinking more about your Dragon quiz (which I didn’t find any spoilers in BTW) as I don’t think the unexpected presence of a kitchen in a game is going to spoil anyone’s fun!  Laughing 

I‘m not sure that there aren’t spoilers within the screenshots I’ve used for quizzes but I do try to veer away from obvious ones & my biggest angst for thinking about spoilers is in posting screenshots for AGSotD especially for newer games.  Even for older games there maybe players looking that haven’t tried them.  Yes, I completely agree with Becky & that you can only do your best by using your own judgement! 

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

chrissie - 25 February 2015 03:09 PM

Unless I’m going completely mad I don’t see that thread anymore - has it been removed?

It’s been moved to Chit-Chat. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top