• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Your pick of movies that should be turned into adventures

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I always dreamed of Angel Heart being turned into an adventure, the script and the story easily suite a great adventure, not to forget the locations; the hospital, Jazz bar, the gypsy town, the hotel, Margaret’s home, and maybe some flashbacks from 1943-Times Square… etc (many other great locations aswel prefect for an adventure game).
anyway this whole New Orleans story would suggest/bring-on something, somewhere between Gabriel Knight and Black Mirror.

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I believe that The Shining could make for an excellent horror adventure game.
Quite possibly playing different chapters from different percpectives (1st chapter playing Jack, the second one Wendy, the third one with Danny, etc)

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

I always wanted to play a proper Star Wars adventure game, in old Lucasarts SCUMM style.  I even wrote to George Lucas as a child begging him to create one.  haha

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Explorers - Kids make a spaceship and go to space. Epic adventure game and puzzles all over it

In the Mouth of Madness - Horror adventure game

Final Destination - Players play Death setting up traps (game would probably be banned now)

Fifty Shades of Gray?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lambonius - 12 February 2015 01:23 PM

I always wanted to play a proper Star Wars adventure game, in old Lucasarts SCUMM style.  I even wrote to George Lucas as a child begging him to create one.  haha

Did you do this? Smile

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Haha…no, though I have seen that project before.  Did it ever get released, and do you know if it’s any good?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I don’t think it got anything released, latest news from…2012,maybe?
http://kotaku.com/5900920/the-star-wars-game-lucasarts-should-have-made-but-never-did

Although The hansolo adventures twitter is still active

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I think Memento would make for an interesting game in itself but also there’s a lot of potential for variation especially if you have other people along with ‘Edward Norton’ as playable characters.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2012-02-10

PM

Apollo 13. A tense problem-solving drama based on real events, in a small, manageable set of locations, with plenty of cast interaction and teamwork puzzles? It’d be great - and tough.

Time to make a CO2 scrubber… That was some real-life adventure game puzzling there.

Cast Away also has some promise for solid gameplay, as does How to Steal a Million, which includes the single most “adventure gamey” sequence I’ve ever seen in a movie.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

The Goonies.

Bt

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Amelie

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

I want a Jay and Silent Bob adventure game. Not Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back though, a new story, but something really un-PC that will really annoy at least 50% of the population.

And also quite possibly break the record in gaming for amount of profanity.

Makes perfect sense to me. Smile

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Lucien21 - 12 February 2015 03:31 PM

Amelie

Ah yeah! If we’re going with Jeunet, A “City of Lost Children” adventure game would be great.

Bt

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Blackthorne - 12 February 2015 04:06 PM
Lucien21 - 12 February 2015 03:31 PM

Amelie

Ah yeah! If we’re going with Jeunet, A “City of Lost Children” adventure game would be great.
Bt

But City of Lost Children is already a 1997 steampunk adventure/game

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Well, I’ll be!  I never knew this!  Must not have been too great a game, eh?  Shame.

Bt

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Blackthorne - 12 February 2015 04:27 PM

Well, I’ll be!  I never knew this!  Must not have been too great a game, eh?  Shame.

Bt

yea, it looks very disappointing, indeed; review, but I liked its soundtrack ‘anyways’ and used before at that OST thread.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top