• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Favorite Character from CURSE OF MONKEY ISLAND

Poll: Who’s your favorite character from COMI?
Total Votes: 14
Slappy Cromwell (aka Rex Fortune, Adventure Seeker)
René Rottingham
Edward "Snugglecakes" Van Helgen
The Flying Welshman

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2014-05-28

PM

Let’s get serious my brothers, when it comes to mutual bond transactions, there aint nothing so creamily satisfying as the Curse of Monkey Island.  And, deeper still, its colorful cast of comedic characters.

Our crack team of number crunchers has whittled it down the the top four—the best and the brightest.  So let’s get down to brass taykes.  Who’s the fav?  Which star of this seafaring adweynture ranks most spongeworthy?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

No Murray?

“Evil needs no arms!”

Joined 2014-05-28

PM

OH YEAH!!!!  It’s getting heated ladies!!! Haven’t seen a response this frenzied since that time I dropped a three-toed sloth in the Labrea Tar Pits!!  Keep em coming—it’s gettin WARM in here!!!!!

Joined 2014-05-28

PM

wilco - 09 February 2015 05:40 PM

No Murray?

“Evil needs no arms!”

I know it man.  I couldn’t believe Murray was left out.  Believe me, if I had anything to do with the nominayshes, you know ol’ Murry would be there!

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Where’s Murray and Haggis McMutton and Cutthroat Bill?

Joined 2014-05-28

PM

They didn’t make the CUT dude!!!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Are you kidding?!! Lemonhead wins easily.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2014-05-28

PM

No cannibals!  Herbivore or otherwise…

I’m sorry, the rules were very clear about this.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

NO ,

NO VOTE!

MWAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

This is not even a contest!!

Murray wins all the way even without being in the candidates!!!

Joined 2014-05-28

PM

Haha that is awesome. 

Murray, can I call you “Bob?”

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

El Pollo Diablo, by a nautical mile.

I liked Murray at first, but hated him ever since. He’s annoying and not funny. I actually find him funnier in his Escape cameo.

Joined 2014-05-28

PM

Oh man, I totally forgot to include Capt. Blondebeard!  Joking aside, I actually think he may be my favorite in the series.  It’s the positive energy he always brings.  Consider this: his business is in dire straits, he has no food in stock, but there he is, happy and jolly, standing by the door greeting customers.  He’s so simple and joyous, and SO passionate about his chicken.  He’s kinda my hero.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

CaptainRottingham - 09 February 2015 06:19 PM

Oh man, I totally forgot to include Capt. Blondebeard!  Joking aside, I actually think he may be my favorite in the series.  It’s the positive energy he always brings.  Consider this: his business is in dire straits, he has no food in stock, but there he is, happy and jolly, standing by the door greeting customers.  He’s so simple and joyous, and SO passionate about his chicken.  He’s kinda my hero.

Yes, but in a battle between him and Freddie from Escape from Monkey Island, I’m sorry, but Blondebeard loses. Though, ol’ Freddie can snap sometimes:

“If I wasn’t a peaceable sort, I’d have a mind to whack that gentleman upside the head with one of my walking sticks. And I wouldn’t stop whacking, until his brains leaked all over my rustic, hand-polished, hardwood floor. A’yup.”

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2014-05-28

PM

True, Freddie was a tough cat, but don’t let Blondebeard’s genial presentation disarm you, he’s all pirate:

Captain Blondebeard: I love the outdoors, especially the beach. Why, I’m in fact a member o’ the Brimstone Beach Club and Smorgy. Been a member there for years.
Guybrush Threepwood: How did you become a member?
Captain Blondebeard: I threatened to run ‘em all through!

And don’t forget how he clocked Guybrush with the frying pan, mistaking him for the Pollo Diablo.  I fancy, in his heyday, ‘ol Blondebeard was as bloodthirsty a scoundrel as any to sail the seven seas.

EDIT: and apparently, the same dude who voiced Blondebeard voiced Launchpad McQuack on Ducktales.  WIN.  Wink

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

I forgot most of these characters. Confused Guess I need to replay CMI some day.

CaptainRottingham - 09 February 2015 06:36 PM

EDIT: and apparently, the same dude who voiced Blondebeard voiced Launchpad McQuack on Ducktales.  WIN.  Wink

I remember CMI also has the voice of Scrooge McDuck himself (Alan Young) as Haggis McMutton, one of the ‘A Pirate I Was Meant to Be’ pirates.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top