• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

5th Place Match - The Big AG VS Tournament

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The Secret of Monkey Island is not only funnier, but an overall better game in my book.

The points MI2 gets deducted for the monkey wrench puzzle and the WTF ending undo the points it gets for the entire tri-island area exploration and the bonus points it got for the kickass Special Edition.
Insult swordfighting, deadly piranha poodles, “silently sneaking” into a mansion, using repellant spray on gopher horde of gophers, rubber trees and the second-biggest running gag starts I’ve ever seen just plain trump that.

The Secret of Monkey Island

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

The Secret of Monkey Island is beautiful, funny, imaginative, smart, true art and easily beats all the other games that just try way too hard for nothing, all the other, except the best adventure game of all time, with the best ending - its glorious successor and the second game in the unfinished trilogy!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Meh!

Monkey Island vs Monkey Island, I really couldn’t care less. This would have been much funnier and more exciting if either The Longest Journey or Broken Sword had been in this match, or for that matter if either of the MI games had made it to the SF or final. But I’m not going to abstain from voting just because of that, and I actually do love the MI series.

TimovieMan - 09 February 2015 06:47 AM

The points MI2 gets deducted for the monkey wrench puzzle

Thanks for reminding me - The.. Worst.. Puzzle.. EVER!
Not only is it far fetched and one of the worst examples of moon logic to begin with, but even worse, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever unless you are a native English speaker. Add the non sequitur ending of MI2 and my decision becomes even easier.

The Secret of Monkey Island

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

SOMI for me

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Iznogood - 09 February 2015 08:40 AM

Meh!

Monkey Island vs Monkey Island, I really couldn’t care less. This would have been much funnier and more exciting if either The Longest Journey or Broken Sword had been in this match, or for that matter if either of the MI games had made it to the SF or final. But I’m not going to abstain from voting just because of that, and I actually do love the MI series.

Well they were in the last round, MI2 beat TLJ and SOMI won over BS Smile

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

The Secret of Monkey Island. Why ? Because you fight like a cow !

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

- Monkey Island 2: LeChuck`s Revenge…

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Bogi - 09 February 2015 09:14 AM

Well they were in the last round, MI2 beat TLJ and SOMI won over BS Smile

Ohh… I had completely forgotten that, thanks for reminding me Shifty Eyed

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Not only is it far fetched and one of the worst examples of moon logic to begin with, but even worse, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever unless you are a native English speaker

I knew nothing about monkey wrenches at the time, but I figured it out pretty quickly because I noticed the shape of Jojo’s frozen hands - looked exactly like that nut.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Doom - 09 February 2015 10:15 AM

Not only is it far fetched and one of the worst examples of moon logic to begin with, but even worse, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever unless you are a native English speaker

I knew nothing about monkey wrenches at the time, but I figured it out pretty quickly because I noticed the shape of Jojo’s frozen hands - looked exactly like that nut.

Exactly!  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Love both games, but I think MI2 is a better game (except for that dreadful ending).

So MI2

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Monkey Island without a doubt.

I’ve always hated the ending of MI2 and that soured the game for me.

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Hmm, I expected that this duel will be closer. It always seemed that SoMI receives almost no hate compared to MI2.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Bogi - 12 February 2015 02:41 AM

Hmm, I expected that this duel will be closer. It always seemed that SoMI receives almost no hate compared to MI2.

It’s the expected result for me. MI2 has - despite some hate - always been the more popular of the two.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2011-08-01

PM

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top