• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Baron_BlubbaCaliMonkchrissiediegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 08 February 2015

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I chose The Novelist (2013) for today’s AGSotD because it has a lot in common with yesterday’s Façade. It’s your job to steer a family (husband, wife, child) in the right or wrong direction. Dan is a writer with a writer’s block, his wife wants to be a painter, and their child is lonely and has learning probems. You’re a more or less invisible ghost in their summer house and you can hear their thoughts, enter their memories, and whisper at night in Dan’s ear what he should do the next morning. Some of your decisions may not work out as you thought, but hey! that’s life for you.

I wanted to like this game, it sounded great when I first read about it, but I lost interest after a while. It involves a lot of reading, every day there’s new stuff, like letters and diary entries. Roaming the seven rooms in search of memories and things to read became repetitive and boring for me. The writing is okay, I guess, but I didn’t really feel a bond with any of the three characters.

Anybody with a more positive experience? It’s not like this game has been discussed ad nauseam in the forums…

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Er… Devils? Dragons? Dinosaurs?
Monsters of any kind?

From another topic:

Karlok - 07 February 2015 08:23 PM

Too bad he doesn’t read this thread anymore…

He reads the thread, he has to. He keeps the statistics about guesses & scores.
He’ll be back.

P.S. Give my regards to the bearded guy.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

You’re being very mysterious, aren’t you. Have fun!

PS: Of course we know you’re still reading the thread. Tongue

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Karlok, are the game’s graphic 2d animated or 3D?

The character’s design in the center seems like 2d drawn, but the surrounding objects in the room look like early 3D…

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The ugly basic graphics are 3D. Two more things the game has in common with Facade.  The characters are flat most of the time, yes.

Here is a trailer. I forgot to mention that a large part of the game is in black-and-white.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’d totally forgotten about this game. This sounded so amazingly interesting based on the premise.
A pity it appears to not live up to its potential. Meh

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top