• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleVeovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

QUIZ: “Once Upon a Time “[ENDED]

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Thanks for the links. There he is, the purple sea serpent/dragon with attitude. And entirely unpixelated. I’ve watched it over and over. It’s a great sequence. Glad I’m not the turtle. Maybe it’s time to play The Dig again.

Sometimes I see an image and a game pops into my mind. That’s the way Faust: Seven Games of the Soul was. But other times I see an image and a game pops into my mind and it’s totally, crazily wrong.

I’ve played Salammbo (what a wild, weird game) and I even knew there was a dragon in the game due to “research,” but I still couldn’t figure out where it was in the quiz.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The Dig should definitely be the next community playthrough. I mean, right after Toonstruck. Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

diego - 14 February 2015 10:11 AM

The Dig should definitely be the next community playthrough. I mean, right after Toonstruck. Tongue

Community playthrough?I heard that you’ll be occupied with making the dragon quiz! Smile

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Frown  Frown  Frown  Frown  Frown  Frown  Frown  Frown  Frown  Frown

I missed it again.

Congratulations to Zobraks,Becky & Chrissie. Incredible performance, enviable score.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Renacimiento - 14 February 2015 07:48 PM

I missed it again.

Congratulations to Zobraks,Becky & Chrissie. Incredible performance, enviable score.

Now I’m sure that you’re avoiding them on purpose, Renacimiento! Smiley

Just Kidding!

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

DarkEye - 14 February 2015 11:30 PM
Renacimiento - 14 February 2015 07:48 PM

I missed it again.

Now I’m sure that you’re avoiding them on purpose, Renacimiento! Smiley

Just Kidding!

Yes, always late to the party. Out of joke, it seems that I do on purpose. The last time I was absent for more than a month and .. well.., what else could I expect, right?.

But now was ... how much time? A week? two?

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Renacimiento—a lot goes on here in two weeks. For instance, in the Whispered World Community Playthrough right now, the world is about to end! Don’t miss it!

BTW—when you two are done with the blue couch, can I have it? It would look good in my living room.

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Iznogood - 13 February 2015 08:13 AM

do you know how many games actually have the word “dragon” in the title?

Yes, I do (now that I counted) - 22 (in my list of AG titles).

Iznogood - 13 February 2015 08:13 AM

That sounds too much like *gulp* hard work

Maybe, but it takes only a couple of hours (probably less) to thoroughly check these 22.
No pain - no gain, I reckon.

BTW: DarkEye, how many times were we allowed to guess a same screenshot? It would be interesting to see how many tries it took each of us to guess specific screenshots.
I think the number of guesses per picture should be limited in quizzes (like it’s done back at MMFT).

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Huh?
xxxxxxx

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

a deep breath, hold it, hold…, Sigh*

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 17 February 2015 04:00 AM

BTW: DarkEye, how many times were we allowed to guess a same screenshot? It would be interesting to see how many tries it took each of us to guess specific screenshots.
I think the number of guesses per picture should be limited in quizzes (like it’s done back at MMFT).

I can’t be certain because I’ve deleted the quiz messages from my PM boxes, but I guessed 3-4 games without checking first. Like #47, which I thought was Lure of the Temptress. (I still think it looks a LOT like it.) When Dark-I’s response was negative, I gave up. I really should guess more!

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

It’s a confession time. I probably never would have guessed Blake & Mortimer and Riven (yeah, shame on me for not playing it!) if it weren’t for Karlok (and Chrissie) and their Adventure Game Scenes of the Day. We can never give them (and Kurufinwe and Bastich) enough credit for those little gems.

Special thanks goes to TimovieMan, who neatly collected all those links at one place and helped us find easily what we need. I appreciate his thread more and more.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

It’s nice to be appreciated. Smile

About Blake and Mortimer. Without the AGSotD pic it probably wouldn’t be in the quiz. It’s the exact same pic and there aren’t many screenshots around from this obscure game.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Whithout of doubt, Lure of the Temptress was the most frequently guessed (wrongly).For others can’t say from head.But I was surprised that there wasn’t more attempts on #3, since usually when screenshot is B&W people would always try with The Lost Crown.

Yes zobraks, at my ladder quiz I received sooooooo many wild guesses for the same game that I decided to do something about that in the near future.And MMFT system comes to my mind immediately. Wink .Maybe 3 attempts/game could prove suitable for this “issue”.
Should we try with this on my next one (very soon Naughty )?

Karlok, yes thank you for that very nice screenshot(Blake and Mortimer).I simply can’t tell the difference between game & comic book…so I took the safe path. Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top