• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game scene… uh, game (continued)

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

And now for something completely different:

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

DCast - 17 August 2020 09:46 PM

I haven’t played the game, but there’s sci-fi book by fantastic Russian authors brothers Strugatsky with this name. The novel is great, I highly recommend it (along with all of their works). There is a film based on the novel as well ( I never watched it).

It doesn’t state anything on the Steam page of the game, but in Wiki it does say that the game is an adaptation of their work. It’s a shame if this game sucks (according to the reviews), because the original work along with being engaging makes sense of the name of the hotel Wink

Thank you DCast, I had looked for the book before but have now just been able to find it quite cheaply on Kindle.
I’m looking forward to reading it to see whether it helps to make any sense of the game which I’ve played twice - the second time hoping having a little more knowledge about the plot (with more than one ending) would help but no! 

I’m most definitely a player that sees the best in a game that other players have written off as bad but in this case I have to agree that this game does indeed in terms of story ‘suck’!
But somehow I’m fascinated - I love the graphics, & the ambience of the hotel along with the portrayal of the characters is nicely done imo - also I got completely addicted to a snooker/pool puzzle which is not necessary to progress but needs to be beaten to achieve the best ending. I doubt whether reading the original story will elevate the game for me but I’ll give it a go.

zobraks - 18 August 2020 02:15 AM

And now for something completely different:

I think it might be The Feeble Files zobraks? 

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

chrissie - 18 August 2020 11:37 AM

The Feeble Files

Thumbs Up
That’s it.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Next:

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Here’s another pic:

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Quite a distinctive graphics.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Looks like “Nobodies”. It’s a fun adventure/casual hybrid.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

chrissie - 18 August 2020 11:37 AM

I doubt whether reading the original story will elevate the game for me but I’ll give it a go.

Well, at least you’ll (hopefully) enjoy a good read. Nerd  I’d love to hear how close/far to the game it is, as I haven’t played it myself, and whether it added something to the game experience.

P.S. As I’m typing this, I’m realizing that enjoying the book will largely depend on the translation, so I hope it was a quality job.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I haven’t had a chance to start reading the book yet but will certainly report back about it.

Looks like “Nobodies”. It’s a fun adventure/casual hybrid.

Nobodies is correct DCast Thumbs Up - I’m not sure about the ‘Casual’ tag though?  Smile

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

chrissie - 22 August 2020 05:30 AM

Nobodies is correct DCast Thumbs Up - I’m not sure about the ‘Casual’ tag though?  Smile

I played in back when it came out and remember getting “casual” feel about the game. The screens are very static, the kind that are more associated with HOG games; and the interactions themselves, while technically point’n'click, are more reminiscent of the kind of point’n'clicking one finds in the casual adventures than in the classic ones.

I believe on one of the Steam forums, developers themselves acknowledged that the game is much more likely to be compared to HOG than to P’N'C in its classic manner.

I definitely feel like it’s a fusion between those too. I usually call those adventure-lite.  Smile

Either way, I had fun with it and now looking forward to Blyts’ next adventure “Slender Threads”. This one is a classic poin’n'click. I played the demo as a part of Steam Summer Festival and was intrigued.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Next up:

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

I’m sure I’ve seen that gobbledygook language somewhere. Was it Dropsy?

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Not Dropsy (what a trippy game, by the way!)

Here’s the next one:

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Onto the next screen:

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

You have nice Paintbrush skills, Dcast!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top