• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieIronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game scene… uh, game (continued)

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

It’s always peaceful and idyllic seconds before manure hits the fan.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I couldn’t find any pics of manure quite so quickly - hope this will help:

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

OK, so the game takes place in ancient China, where you need to save the world by beating the evil cult, by taking the vacation in a country manor, with a car? I’ve done everything for you.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Ok! A few more clues: the game doesn’t take place in ancient China, you don’t save the world & there is an evil cult but I’m not sure you beat it (should I have mentioned this game on the thread “Why are adventure games so unchristian?” I wonder?), there’s no country manors .... so now I’ve done everything for you.    Heart

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zobraks - 21 November 2019 12:58 PM

It’s obviously one of “defeat a Mean Cult and save the World” games, and I don’t play (many of) those.

By the way, you SUCK! Crazy Those are the best kind of games. Give me George Stobbart-wannabe everyday.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

zobraks knows what this game is - he just doesn’t recognise the screenshots.  Smile

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Does this help:

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oh yes, very helpful, that exhaust pipe looks very familiar… if only I could remember where I’ve seen it.

Isn’t it time for a more verbal hint?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Okay, here’s the full pic:

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I suspected it had been Shady Brook (cult and all), but until now the pictures were immaculate.
I mean nowhere near rough as Shady Brook’s graphic style, shown in the latest screenshot.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Sorry about that one - your turn zobraks Smile

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

You did nothing wrong, it’s just that the graphic style of the game is (apparently) so uneven that it stumped me; only the texture of the rocks was a (dead) giveaway.

God, I’m so rusty I didn’t dare to put the game’s title in red when I was sure what it was.

Anyway, I’ll post something soon but not too soon.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I did deliberately set out to post screenshots or part of, that were uncharacteristic of or avoided the art style of the game. It was interesting to see how many I could post but became obvious I had to eventually post something more identifiable!  Smile

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zobraks - 21 November 2019 05:18 PM

Anyway, I’ll post something soon but not too soon.

Have you heard the new rules? No, I’m not talking about Dua Lipa song, but if you don’t post something in one hour after the guess is confirmed, anyone can post new screenshot. Yeah, I know, stupid, but you can’t argue the rules.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Oh man, I’ve been staring at those screenshots for the past 2 days telling myself it looked like the original Shady Brook. Should have posted a guess Meh

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top