• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game scene… uh, game (continued)

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

The Invisible Hours is a complex murder mystery in VR

I have a question: Do I need to have a special equipment for playing this game (Sam’s VR episode from Sam and Max Hit the Road springs to mind Tongue) or it can also be played on a plain old PC?

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

zobraks - 16 August 2019 06:29 AM

I have a question: Do I need to have a special equipment for playing this game (Sam’s VR episode from Sam and Max Hit the Road springs to mind Tongue) or it can also be played on a plain old PC?

According to the Steam page it’s had a non-VR mode since last April, so should be fine on a plain old PC. I don’t know how well the experience survives, of course, but reviews seem positive.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Thanks, Phlebas. The Invisible Hours looks like my kind of game. If only I had a couple of extra lives… *sigh*

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The Invisible Hours does look interesting but a little whizzy for me.

Next (very easy!):

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

zobraks - 16 August 2019 06:29 AM

As Phlebas said, a non-VR mode has been released. I played it on my plain old PC, and while I can completely understand how VR would have brought the immersion to the next level, I still enjoyed it a lot. I should stress that there really isn’t much gameplay, apart from passively following characters around (or not doing that at all, your choice), and chasing a few items if you’re the completionist type. The first words are even something along the line of “this is not a movie, this is not a game”. I found it surprisingly engaging for something with so little interactivity, though.

(Sorry, no clue about the very easy scene yet Confused )

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

One of my most favorite sigs is the Sam Barlow quote: People who complain a videogame is ‘short’ will be the first up against the wall come the revolution. Quality is what matters, not the length of the game. Having said that, I feel The Invisible Hours must be way overpriced at 35 euros. That’s a lot of money for a game that according to the AG review doesn’t take very long to finish. I watched 30 minutes of a twitch stream and decided I wouldn’t miss much if I spent my 35 bucks on several other games.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

for the info to both of you!

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Karlok - 17 August 2019 08:33 AM

Having said that, I feel The Invisible Hours must be way overpriced at 35 euros.

I hadn’t thought of that - I was lucky enough to get it in a Humble Bundle, but I wouldn’t have paid 35e for it, definitely. There’s a decent amount of content in the game if you’re interested in something more than discovering the story - getting all collections finished, grabbing all achievements, and finding some well-hidden secrets; however that price tag still seems a little high for an interactive movie (no offence to the developers). I’m sure more discounts will come along the way.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Here’s another very easy pic:

Total Posts: 275

Joined 2010-06-03

PM

Is it The Watchmaker?
@Zobrax: how come you’re still alive? I thought we both died as relics of the times past, hating the guts of each other for being witnesses to the fall of the, you know, the relics of the past and such.

Chrissie, Karlok, Phlebas, the others I do not yet know… Hi. Smile

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Hi So There, it’s not The Watchmaker.

Here’s another pic:

Total Posts: 275

Joined 2010-06-03

PM

Is it Broken Sword 3?

Joined 2012-03-24