• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanchrissieKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

I’m Overwhelmed! :(

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Dreamfall and its predecesor, The Longest Jouney seem to have fanatical followers, both pro and con. It’s like cilantro in cooking. You either love it or hate it. There is very little middle ground.

If you liked TLJ, you will probably like Dreamfall. If you didn’t, you probably won’t.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I remember a huge uproar about Dreamfall from TLJ fans after it was released. It appeared that everyone hated it. It’s amazing how opinions have changed.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Oscar - 23 July 2012 09:38 PM

I remember a huge uproar about Dreamfall from TLJ fans after it was released. It appeared that everyone hated it.

Your memory might be playing tricks on you. Tongue

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Well I wasn’t around back then but I wasn’t only talking about AGer patrons, who seem to be more generous than most - especially to story heavy 3rd-personers.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Kurufinwe - 23 July 2012 10:11 PM
Oscar - 23 July 2012 09:38 PM

I remember a huge uproar about Dreamfall from TLJ fans after it was released. It appeared that everyone hated it.

Your memory might be playing tricks on you. Tongue

Wow, 225 voters! Those were the days. I love Dreamfall too but hadn’t played it yet at the time.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 405

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

Hey Nelza, I know how you feel! My list of game sis getting longer instead of shorter. I keep buying them instead of playing them. I can’t help too much since a lot of these are on my to play list. Machinarium is very good, and I really liked Back to the Future. Starting with the shorter ones is a good idea, I tend to take a long time to slog through the harder/bigger ones, and leave them undone for years. Part of the reason why I have such a long list!

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2010-07-09

PM

Ingsoc - 22 July 2012 11:48 AM

I would start with Loom, a short game but with a very special gameplay, a true classic. It was actually the first ever adventure game I played so I have a soft spot for it.

+1 Cool

“Welcome to the Age of the Great Guilds…”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top