• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieNico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

R16 Bracket 2 - The Big AG VS Tournament

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

zane - 20 January 2015 11:03 PM

i think im a little surprised at how well blade runner is doing (and i’ve even voted for it). Its a very high atmosphere game.. with some so-so content, but very enjoyable overall. I wasnt really sure how many people had played it. No doubt the movie’s popularity helps.

I might be a minority, but I had experienced the game before I watched the movie, and they are still different things in my book. I like the game a lot, while I don’t really care for the film.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

millenia - 21 January 2015 01:37 AM

There is no game in the whole competition that I hate so much that I’d just vote against it for spite.

I was going to say “there is for me”, but then I realized that SQI isn’t in the competition. Tongue Grin

I wouldn’t even vote against the first Myst, despite hating it the first time, and loathing it the second time (which was due to the horrible DS port). It’s still on my pile of games that deserve a second third chance…

Doom - 21 January 2015 06:38 AM

I don’t really care for the film.

*gasp*

BLASPHEMER!  Pan

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

The Longest Journey

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

TimovieMan - 21 January 2015 06:53 AM

BLASPHEMER!  Pan

Well, yes Smile I do appreciate what they did on a - comparatively - tight budget, without CGI and other modern technologies, but the film really bores me. The game is more action-packed, has more cool story twists (way more, obviously) and the writing is just generally better to my taste.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

1 - The Longest Journey
2 - nothing of interest

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

TimovieMan - 21 January 2015 06:53 AM
Doom - 21 January 2015 06:38 AM

I don’t really care for the film.

*gasp*

BLASPHEMER!  Pan

Blade Runner is on of my all time favourite movies - which perhaps makes it even more questionable that I haven’t played the game Confused

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

1. TLJ
2. Day of Tentacle

As I said before, I really love Blade Runner. It’s a very interesting game and I loved having different endings. The only reason TLJ wins is because of the world/story around TLJ, Dreamfall and Dreamfall Chapters. I know that a lot of people criticize TLJ for being too verbose in term of dialogues but for me, it’s the richness of the universe around it that attracted me. I enjoyed reading the different books at the Sentinel Enclave.

It was also a tough match between DOTT and Full Throttle but in the end it’s a question of lasting impression and nostalgia.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Iznogood - 21 January 2015 11:49 AM

Blade Runner is on of my all time favourite movies - which perhaps makes it even more questionable that I haven’t played the game Confused

Especially because it’s probably the best game I’ve ever played that’s based on a movie.  Especially if Knights Of The Old Republic doesn’t count.  (since it’s not based on one movie, but the Star Wars universe as a whole)

They do it the right way by not rehashing what happened in the movie, but making an original story based in that world.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Detective Mosely - 21 January 2015 01:37 PM

They do it the right way by not rehashing what happened in the movie, but making an original story based in that world.

Then surely that means they’ve based the game from within the book world and not the film?  Crazy

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Jabod - 21 January 2015 02:17 PM

Then surely that means they’ve based the game from within the book world and not the film?  Crazy

If so wouldn’t it be called “Do Androids Dream of Electronic Sheep?”  Wink

Plus they totally copy the look of the movie.  I think it’s more like how Telltale’s Game Of Thrones game is based on the TV show and not the novels.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Detective Mosely - 21 January 2015 02:27 PM
Jabod - 21 January 2015 02:17 PM

Plus they totally copy the look of the movie.  I think it’s more like how Telltale’s Game Of Thrones game is based on the TV show and not the novels.

Shame they didn’t call it that. Ok, it’s not exactly tripping off the tongue, isn’t as snappy as Blade Runner and not that many people knew of the book as those who knew about the film. But think of the fun I could have had in the anagram quiz thread with a title like that!  Grin

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

Jabod - 21 January 2015 02:38 PM

Shame they didn’t call it that. Ok, it’s not exactly tripping off the tongue, isn’t as snappy as Blade Runner and not that many people knew of the book as those who knew about the film.

I love the title personally - think it comes top of my “Favourite Book Titles” list Laughing . A lot more interesting as a title than “Blade Runner”, that’s for sure.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

DaveyB - 21 January 2015 02:56 PM

Shame they didn’t call it that. Ok, it’s not exactly tripping off the tongue, isn’t as snappy as Blade Runner and not that many people knew of the book as those who knew about the film.

I love the title personally - think it comes top of my “Favourite Book Titles” list Laughing . A lot more interesting as a title than “Blade Runner”, that’s for sure.

I do as well DaveyB (and actually it’s electric and not electronic unless our detective friend is being doubly ironic) as I thought it summed the book up well and gave the exact flavour of the text nicely. To digress even further (sorry Bogi Smile ) my favourite book title, which should have been used for the film, is “Who Goes There?, the novella by John W Campbell which became the film “The Thing”.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

Jabod - 21 January 2015 03:04 PM

actually it’s electric and not electronic unless our detective friend is being doubly ironic

Indeed it is - guess I’ll never make it as a proofreader Wink

I thought it summed the book up well and gave the exact flavour of the text nicely.

Yep - it’s such an “off the wall” title and yet fits so well to the contents of the book. Going off-topic even further, “A Wild Sheep Chase” by Haruki Murakami is another I like (Though apparantly the original Japanese title is totally different).

my favourite book title, which should have been used for the film, is “Who Goes There?, the novella by John W Campbell which became the film “The Thing”.

The delights of Hollywood, eh lol.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

I do as well DaveyB (and actually it’s electric and not electronic unless our detective friend is being doubly ironic) as I thought it summed the book up well and gave the exact flavour of the text nicely. To digress even further (sorry Bogi Smile ) my favourite book title, which should have been used for the film, is “Who Goes There?, the novella by John W Campbell which became the film “The Thing”.

On the contrary my dear Jabod Smile that’s why I tend to open as many threads for voting as is acceptable not to clog the forums, so a discussion about the games and everything related to them can spread as much as possible. I didn’t want it to be just mere posting and counting the votes, discussion and comments are warmly encouraged and that’s why I won’t use the poll options at all.

This tournament’s main goal is to promote games that people like most and that the others who didn’t play them get as many information that will persuade them to finally try them, even if it’s going a little out of the way to acquire them and get them to work. I think that Blade Runner is a perfect example of this

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top