• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

R16 Bracket 2 - The Big AG VS Tournament

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

allow me to explain a certain point(s) about blade runner:
1st of all this gem was a reson for my best friend (which is a console action gamer) to get hooked into the genre, and above that it was the only/main reson he has a PC , you imagine someone at the yar 1997 spending more than a 1000$ to buy one so only he can get his hands on this gem.
2nd I consider blade runner is the closest experience to a interactive movie that is ever made, not only that it’s following Ridley Scott images of the movie but it had gone far more into explaining P.K.D original versions of the story that the movie never dealt with, so here we got a game that everyone in the world liked it’s orginal picture or novel must have played and enjoyed.
3rd Is the budget of the game which has exceeded all the highest record spent over any ag that ever made.
4th beside the unique game playing (which was never matched or repeated) is that game can easily grab non adventure gamers attention and still satisfy all the hard core adventurers just the same.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Very interesting Advie, do you maybe know what was the budget of Blade Runner?

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

I always considered TLJ one of my favourite games ever. However, I recently played both games and Blade Runner is one hell of a game with some serious replay value! I voted Blade Runner as I just enjoyed it a hell of a lot more 2nd time round. I actually hope it wins this round! It’s CLOSE. Who’d have thought it?

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Bogi - 20 January 2015 09:40 AM

edit: Regarding voting for games you haven’t played, for me it’s quite similar to voting in presidential elections for candidate that was never elected before. You can only judge by the promises they give (= reviews you read, opinion of other members) and in the cases when the incumbent president is running again, you can even vote “against him”, by giving your vote to the other candidate (= voting for the game you haven’t played instead the one you did but dind’t like it). Of course you can always abstain, but all of these options are completely legitimate to me.

Hardly the same thing!

A political election would be like getting the chance to vote for which game you want a studio to create, or for that matter like Kickstater where you can support games that sounds interesting, but that is not what this competition is about. This is about which games we enjoyed the most and which we find are the best of the best.

As for voting for a game you haven’t played?!?
People can of course vote for whatever reason they want, but I seriously doubt anyone has or will vote for a game they haven’t played. That would just be out of spike because they hate the other game so much that they can’t bear seeing others like it, or for purely tactical reasons, and it would deprive this competition of all meaning.

I mean can you imagine AMPAS giving the Oscar to a movie that they haven’t actually seen, a reviewer reviewing a theatre performance without even setting foot in the theatre (okay that has actually happened - more than once), or this site giving the Aggie to a game no-one among the staff has played?

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Renacimiento - 19 January 2015 09:14 PM
chrissie - 19 January 2015 09:33 AM

I haven’t played either of the games in M2!

Hi Chrissie…you have not played Day of the tentacle? You should try it sometime, it is great fun.

I guess in the same way in which I should try to play The Longest Journey someday.

I’m pretty sure Renacimiento that I’ve got a double-game disc somewhere that has DotT on it along with Sam & Max Hit the Road but I’m not sure (if I can find it!) that it will work on my system!

As for the subject of voting for games that I haven’t played based on descriptions, reviews & opinions that’s a big NO NO! from me as their worthiness or not to you personally can be proved if you care to play them - unlike government candidates where your vote has little to base it on other than promises, & worthiness or not yet to be proved - or something like that!  Smile  (Does that make sense?)

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

I agree to disagree Smile for me only illogical is to vote for a pair where you haven’t played any of the games, but either voting for the game that you liked so much that you sincerely believe that (almost) nothing can stand against it or voting “against” the game that you find terrible and overrated (so the younger cohorts of adventure gamers wouldn’t be fooled into thinking it’s second coming Grin ) is fine by me.
Fortunately I don’t have this problem since the beginning of elimination rounds, proud to say that I played all 64 of them (though didn’t complete maybe quarter of them), one of the few advantages of living in a country that was under Largo’s embargo for so many years Naughty

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

chrissie - 20 January 2015 01:44 PM

I’m pretty sure Renacimiento that I’ve got a double-game disc somewhere that has DotT on it along with Sam & Max Hit the Road but I’m not sure (if I can find it!) that it will work on my system!

As for the subject of voting for games that I haven’t played based on descriptions, reviews & opinions that’s a big NO NO! from me as their worthiness or not to you personally can be proved if you care to play them - unlike government candidates where your vote has little to base it on other than promises, & worthiness or not yet to be proved - or something like that!  Smile  (Does that make sense?)

I hope you can play it sometime.

When you vote for a political candidate, there is no choice but to believe in promises that can not be tested in the near term. In a game is different, regardless of the opinions that exist, you can go and play it and finding relatively quickly if it is to your liking or not.

Now… ¿People are voting for a game they have not played? Neither of the two? Honestly it makes no sense and I don’t think anyone is doing that. There may be the case that someone has played only one of them and loves it and fervently believes that the other game could not be better, in which case it’s fine. I think.

Likewise , I think it would not make much sense to vote for “hate” a “vow of hatred”, or at least is a very questionable position. Like saying ... “I hate this game so much, I consider it so overrated that I will vote against it, & I don’t care too much that I don’t love the other game.” That position seems to me highly questionable.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Renacimiento - 20 January 2015 04:47 PM

I think it would not make much sense to vote for “hate” a “vow of hatred”, or at least is a very questionable position. Like saying ... “I hate this game so much, I consider it so overrated that I will vote against it, & I don’t care too much that I don’t love the other game.” That position seems to me highly questionable.

I just said the same thing when the Neverhood received votes driven purely by hate against Riven 2 rounds before.

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Sefir - 20 January 2015 05:19 PM

I think it would not make much sense to vote for “hate” a “vow of hatred”, or at least is a very questionable position. Like saying ... “I hate this game so much, I consider it so overrated that I will vote against it, & I don’t care too much that I don’t love the other game.” That position seems to me highly questionable.

I just said the same thing when the Neverhood received votes driven purely by hate against Riven 2 rounds before.

Are you sure? It always seemed to me that Neverhood was receiving much love here Meh

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

My thought is that if you really didn’t like a game which is competing with a game you haven’t played then you should abstain with the additional thought that if the other game seemed that more appealing why haven’t you played it yet???  Smile

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

i think im a little surprised at how well blade runner is doing (and i’ve even voted for it). Its a very high atmosphere game.. with some so-so content, but very enjoyable overall. I wasnt really sure how many people had played it. No doubt the movie’s popularity helps.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

1. TLJ
2. DoTT

I’m pretty sure I will love Blade Runner when I eventually get to it (atm I don’t have a legal copy of it and don’t really wanna spend too much on games) but I still quite confident voting for TLJ and Dreamfall against it. I won’t vote against again a game that I haven’t played and assume to be good if the contender isn’t like a 5 or 5- star game.

I think I case of DoTT and Full Throttle it is so that DoTT is a 5/5 and Full Throttle is 5-/5, so that’s why. Both are incredibly badass games though and I love them. DoTT wins with time travel and better puzzles where Full Throttle wins in atmosphere and coolness.

There is no game in the whole competition that I hate so much that I’d just vote against it for spite.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

zane - 20 January 2015 11:03 PM

i think im a little surprised at how well blade runner is doing (and i’ve even voted for it). Its a very high atmosphere game.. with some so-so content, but very enjoyable overall. I wasnt really sure how many people had played it. No doubt the movie’s popularity helps.

I think that’s a very good summary of Blade Runner - certainly sums up how I feel about it. Hence although it deserves to get well up here, it’s no match for TLJ for me.

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

It seems that Blade Runner won’t be able to keep the pace anymore. Simply too few people played it.

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Bogi - 20 January 2015 05:24 PM
Sefir - 20 January 2015 05:19 PM

Are you sure? It always seemed to me that Neverhood was receiving much love here Meh

Sefir - 11 January 2015 01:37 PM
giom - 11 January 2015 01:37 PM

I didn’t really play The Neverhood but I hated Riven.

A vote based not on the qualities of the voted game, but purely on hate????
Really??????

As you can see, there were people who prefer to vote based purely on hate. I’m pretty sure that there would have been other cases like this in other draws as well. It is a petty really…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top