• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

R16 Bracket 2 - The Big AG VS Tournament

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

Blade Runner
Full Throttle

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

M1 - in stand by
M2 - Day of the Tentacle

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

M1: Blade Runner - This was a close one, but divergent paths and faster pace were deciding factor

M2: Day of the Tentacle - Tough one also, but Full Throttle is a way too short and puzzles are too easy to compete with brilliant ones in DotT

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

1 - Blade Runner - a much better written game
2 - Full Throttle - a much better written game

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

1. The Longest Journey - I was actually hoping for a Dreamfall vs. TLJ match here, but Blade Runner won. I would have voted for Dreamfall, even. It had lower lows and higher highs, but the highs win it for me. And Zoë Castillo >>> April Ryan. As for TLJ, it’s just so solid all-round.

2. GAAAH! Two 5-star games against each other? Crap. Do I vote for the funny one or the cool one? I’m inclined to vote Full Throttle. It’s still one of the most cinematic games I’ve ever played, and those songs by Gone Jackals are just too awesome. Plus, it’ll lose anyway, so that’s a good time to give it some love. Full Throttle!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Match 1

Blade Runner                     8

Match 2

Full Throttle                     5

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 19 January 2015 06:48 AM

Zoë Castillo >>> April Ryan.

Blasphemer!!!! Angry

On the fire!!!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TLJ (Tommy Lee Jones)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

1) The Longest Journey

It almost broke my heart when Blade Runner wiped the floor with Dreamfall in the last round, though it wasn’t completely unexpected. But at least it saved me the agony and soul searching of having to choose between the two games (so far - Chapters is also looking pretty damn good) in my all time favourite series.

So The Longest Journey is still my all time favourite adventure game Smile and Blade Runner is still a game I haven’t played Frown, though I’m pretty sure I would also like it if I had, but not enough to wipe TLJ of the top of my list.

2) Day of the Tentacle

I also still haven’t played Full Throtle, and I was actually contemplating not voting and let those who have played both decide, but DoTT is simply too good a game to not get my vote.

The whole concept with the time travel and passing objects between characters through the times, and manipulating the past for some purpose in the future, still stands out as one of the most ingenuous concepts ever used in a game.

P.S.

Bogi - 18 January 2015 10:11 PM

Do androids dream of magical journeys?

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sefir - 19 January 2015 08:20 AM
TimovieMan - 19 January 2015 06:48 AM

Zoë Castillo >>> April Ryan.

Blasphemer!!!! Angry

On the fire!!!

Actually I agree with TimovieMan here, though at least for me it is a close call, and a choice between two of my favourite protagonists.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

Match 1 - The Longest Journey
Match 2 - Full Throttle

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

M1: The Longest Journey

I haven’t played either of the games in M2!

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

M1 - TLJ

M2 - Full Throttle

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2012-05-22

PM

1. Blade Runner
2. DOTT

Total Posts: 299