• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Karmaflow: The Rock Opera Videogame

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

I just stumbled upon Karmaflow. It looks pretty cool and interesting IMO - as the subtitle says it’s an interactive rock opera. More precisely, a 3D puzzle-platformer where the narrative is sung by the cast. It will get released in about 4 hours on PC.

The story (copied from the official site):

Karmaflow tells the story of the Karmakeeper, and his journey through several worlds. Each world is protected by a Guardian. These Guardians are burdened by a heavy conflict, which rages in each world. The Karmakeeper learns what happened in each world by hearing each Guardian out, but also listening to their counterparts. In the end, he decides what happens to the world and its inhabitants.

Play as the Karmakeeper and actively decide the way the rock opera and its story progresses in Karmaflow: The Rock Opera Videogame. Puzzle and explore your way through five different worlds. Change the environment, change the music…

Official site: http://karmaflowgame.com/

Trailer:

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

“The music of the game features international singers from bands such as Dragonforce, Cradle of Filth, Epica, Sonata Arctica, Arch Enemy and more.”

iiiinteresting. Might have to give this a try.

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

Wow impossible to tell whether this sucks monkeyballs or might actually be interesting to some extent. It seems like a ramped up Dominiq Pamplemousse (Spelling?) but sort of taking itself seriously, which seems like a very odd thing to do.

I get the feeling the niche crowd they’re targeting isn’t very big. Or maybe I’m totally underestimating the size of the -to me very obscure- dragon-opera-rock crowd?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Just a heads up, according to info in the steam forums the game has been divided into 2 acts with 1st one being released Monday and the second in April.

I’m interested in it but I’ll wait for the full game, doesn’t make mush sense to cut a rock-opera in half Smile

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

theo - 17 January 2015 05:58 AM

I get the feeling the niche crowd they’re targeting isn’t very big. Or maybe I’m totally underestimating the size of the -to me very obscure- dragon-opera-rock crowd?

some moderately known and popular band names in there… but i think the audience which is particularly obscure is the one that intersects between this kind of music and this kind of videogame. A lot of people listen to dragonforce and cradle of filth, really not obscure.. but how many of those people will notice or care about this.. hard to say.

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

zane: yeah that’s sort of what I was trying to say. The zone where these two crowds intersect can’t be all too huge. You described my concerns better than me. Smile

btw any good opera requires a break in the middle so you can stretch your legs, pee and go buy viciously overpriced glasses of wine, no?

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Woah! As the old saying goes, I dunno what it is but it looks cool as hell. That floating red panda thing is the bomb. I’m intrigued!

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

theo - 17 January 2015 05:58 AM

Wow impossible to tell whether this sucks monkeyballs or might actually be interesting to some extent. It seems like a ramped up Dominiq Pamplemousse (Spelling?) but sort of taking itself seriously, which seems like a very odd thing to do.

Personally, I don’t even know most of the bands mentioned Tongue

Listening to the soundtrack teasers, it seems the music is going to be quite varied, and after all the artists mentioned just lend their voices, or in some cases, it seems, play instruments on some of the tracks - they didn’t compose the music Smile

I don’t know enough about the game yet to judge if it’s taking itself to seriously, but I get a The Wall vibe from the trailers and graphics, and since I like that movie a lot I’m optimistic Smile It seems it mostly draw inspiration from rock operas from the late 60s and the 70s.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Jannik - 17 January 2015 06:21 PM

Personally, I don’t even know most of the bands mentioned Tongue

Still, all of them big names in the metal world.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

I wasn’t questioning that - it was a comment to theo about, that some people (including me) might find the game interesting without being into the artists and/or their usual music genre(s) Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top