• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

R32 Bracket 1 - The Big AG VS Tournament

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Most are going to be amazing matches from now on… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Bogi - 13 January 2015 08:02 AM

Curse vs Pandora would be a hell of a match.

Agreed.  I’d be pulling for the underdog there, and I think it may have a chance.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Detective Mosely - 13 January 2015 08:21 AM

Agreed.  I’d be pulling for the underdog there, and I think it may have a chance.

Looking at the results by now, Pandora should be a favorite here, maybe even a strong one.

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

Match 1 - Monkey Island 2
Match 2 - Resonance
Match 3 - The Curse of Monkey Island
Match 4 - Tex Murphy - Pandora Directive

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

M1: Discworld
M2: The Whispered World
M4: Sanitarium

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TWW
Curse

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Bogi - 13 January 2015 09:17 AM

Looking at the results by now, Pandora should be a favorite here, maybe even a strong one.

Against Curse?  Didn’t it lead the preliminary round in points?  I don’t see why it wouldn’t be considered the favorite.

I’d say anything Monkey Island (1-3) would be the frontrunner against anything else, besides perhaps Grim Fandango.  Without a doubt it’s the most popular series on this forum.

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Detective Mosely - 13 January 2015 10:02 AM
Bogi - 13 January 2015 09:17 AM

Against Curse?  Didn’t it lead the preliminary round in points?  I don’t see why it wouldn’t be considered the favorite.

I’d say anything Monkey Island (1-3) would be the frontrunner against anything else, besides perhaps Grim Fandango.  Without a doubt it’s the most popular series on this forum.

I also thought so until this tournament, but now I’m not that sure. Pandora won ultra hard group, so it doesn’t carry that much points from the group stage, but it simply dominated Portal and now Sanitarium, two great games. We’ll see, it would certainly be a close call, perhaps it’s better to say without favorites whatsoever.

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2012-05-22

PM

1. MI2
2. Resonance
3. BASS
4. Tex

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Bogi - 13 January 2015 10:12 AM

I also thought so until this tournament, but now I’m not that sure. Pandora won ultra hard group, so it doesn’t carry that much points from the group stage, but it simply dominated Portal and now Sanitarium, two great games. We’ll see, it would certainly be a close call, perhaps it’s better to say without favorites whatsoever.

Yeah.  I didn’t think Sanitarium and Portal were really that tough of competition though, because Sanitarium is a game that less people have played, and Portal isn’t really an adventure game from my understanding.  (though I haven’t played it yet)

Against Curse of Monkey Island though, Pandora will be the one that less people have played, due it’s age.  So it’ll be a major uphill climb for it.

I’d like to see a close round at the very least, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Curse dominates the voting.

It is cool to see this competition challenge beliefs I had though.  Like I had no idea coming into this competition that Resonance had enough support for it to challenge classics of the genre.  I totally feel it deserves it, but I didn’t know that many other people held it in this high of regard as well.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Match 1 - abstain
Match 2 - Resonance
Match 3 - BASS
Match 4 - Tex Murphy

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

M1 - Monkey Island 2

M2 - The Whispered World

M3 - Curse of Monkey Island

M4 - Pandora Directive

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

M1: Discworld
M2: Resonance
M3: The Curse of Monkey Island
M4: The Pandora Directive

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Detective Mosely - 13 January 2015 10:30 AM

Yeah.  I didn’t think Sanitarium and Portal were really that tough of competition though, because Sanitarium is a game that less people have played, and Portal isn’t really an adventure game from my understanding.  (though I haven’t played it yet)

Against Curse of Monkey Island though, Pandora will be the one that less people have played, due it’s age.  So it’ll be a major uphill climb for it.

I’d like to see a close round at the very least, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Curse dominates the voting.

It is cool to see this competition challenge beliefs I had though.  Like I had no idea coming into this competition that Resonance had enough support for it to challenge classics of the genre.  I totally feel it deserves it, but I didn’t know that many other people held it in this high of regard as well.

I agree, but the absolute major surprise for me was complete lack of love for Sierra (GK excluded), I’m still stunned!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

And which one would the underdog be?
As I see it it would be a 50/50 match, in fact I don’t know which one I would vote for, yet.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top