• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 08 January 2015

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TIME-TRAVEL - Week Special

I’m not going to bore you with my opinions about one of the best adventures ever with the great time-travel puzzles. It was an educational experience for me, I learned so much about American history! Apple trees and all. Cool

N.B.: It’s a coincidence that some of this week’s games also feature in the Tournament voting. Chrissie and I planned our time travel special long before Bogi started his Tournament. 

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I like DotT. It is a good game. It’s time travelling riddles are extremely smart. But I still believe that the game is highly overrated by the community (feel free to throw the tomatoes Tongue ).
It’s humour has it’s ups and downs and the story, while certainly better than the one in Maniac Mansion, it was nothing special in my eyes either…
I also like the style of its graphics.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

This particular scene should enter all game design textbooks, especially those concerning game art. I still remember when I first saw it in some computer magazine.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sefir - 08 January 2015 07:33 AM

I like DotT. It is a good game. It’s time travelling riddles are extremely smart. But I still believe that the game is highly overrated by the community (feel free to throw the tomatoes Tongue ).

Okay

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 08 January 2015 07:24 AM

Apple trees and all. Cool

And kumquat! Don’t forget the kumquats! Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 08 January 2015 07:24 AM

(DotT is) one of the best adventures ever

Hear, hear, hear!

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Sefir - 08 January 2015 07:33 AM

It’s humour has it’s ups and downs and the story, while certainly better than the one in Maniac Mansion, it was nothing special in my eyes either…
I also like the style of its graphics.

I probably like the game more than you do, but I agree with you in the sense that I think it’s a very very good game, but that it isn’t quite in that upper echelon of games that most people seem to put it in.  And personally I’d put Maniac Mansion ahead of it, although DOTT would clearly appeal more to the modern gamer.

But I’ve also realized in this BAG competition that if I listed every beloved classic that I felt was overrated in some way or another I’d probably make an enemy of every single person on this board.  Tongue

And I’d be really annoyingly nitpicky, because a lot of these games I enjoyed a lot, like DOTT.  (Though quite a few I didn’t like much at all, either)

It’s interesting to see how much people’s tastes vary.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I don’t think DoTT is overrated at all. The puzzles are genius, the humour is wonderful and even the plot itself is interesting. The characters are all funny and the game has probably the best villain ever.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I love DOtT.  I have probably played it in excess of 200 times already.  It is my “go to when I am depressed game.”  Even though I know all the entire game and all the correct answers, it always makes me feel good. I can play it in 45 minutes, and so if I am making dinner or something and I just need some filler time (Lord knows, cleaning is out of the question)I will play the game. I think the puzzles were awesome!  One of the best games every made.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

I love the puzzles, but for me it was more the style of humor that was hit and miss.  I like my humor with a bit more bite to it, ala Sam and Max: Hit the Road.

But yeah, there’s no denying that it was a great game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top