• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 07 January 2015

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

chrissie - 07 January 2015 06:54 PM
Karlok - 07 January 2015 06:28 PM

.........Just reading other people’s posts makes me want to play it again. I’ve already forgotten many details. Shadow of Memories would be an excellent candidate for a Community Playthrough. So much to discuss.  Cool

That’s a great idea!

Count me in!!

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego - 07 January 2015 08:43 PM

I expect both of you in the current The Whispered World Community Playthrough! I’m sorry, but forget about blonde ponytail hunk Eike and get on with the whiny-voiced clown!

I know that Sadwick is going to grow up to be a blonde ponytail hunk too ... one day…so TWW playthrough is safe & I’m looking forward to TWW 20.

Karlok - 08 January 2015 06:26 AM

I played SoM when it was released for PC 13 years ago. The box says Windows 95 OSR 2, 98 or XP. I must have played it on my win98 computer and it needed a patch to run properly. I’m afraid it may not be compatible with win7. I tried and absolutely nothing happened, just the drive whizzing away like mad. Frown

I came across a cheap boxed copy for PC a few years ago & couldn’t get it to play on my Win 7 either which could be a problem if it’s nominated for a CPT!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sefir - 08 January 2015 03:25 AM

Leave this job (persuading other to come to the AGCP) for me please. There is still time for the chapter deadline and they both do play the game and were part of the current AGCP from the very beginning, just like you!!!

Yessir! Though, if I may speak freely sir, I brought cadet’s Karlok attention back to the playthrough, where it should be, sir! This is a war, sir, we must protect sad, depressive clowns against blond hunks, sir!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

diego - 08 January 2015 12:58 PM
Sefir - 08 January 2015 03:25 AM

Leave this job (persuading other to come to the AGCP) for me please. There is still time for the chapter deadline and they both do play the game and were part of the current AGCP from the very beginning, just like you!!!

Yessir! Though, if I may speak freely sir, I brought cadet’s Karlok attention back to the playthrough, where it should be, sir! This is a war, sir, we must protect sad, depressive clowns against blond hunks, sir!

And bring back Sadwick in you avatar, at least as long as this playthrough takes place!  Naughty

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I suspect at least VirtualBox would make the game playable. It is not terribly long ago when I tried the game (must have been XP or Win7 time) and it ran fine - though it might have required some adjustments that I’ve forgotten, like patching or something easy. Anyway, if it worked on XP it should be fine with Virtual Box at least.

I don’t remember why I didn’t play the game properly when I tested it since I heard so much good about it. I guess the plot probably never took off before I did something else.

I do wonder how possible it is to use this for a CP though since its non-linearity. I definitely understand it would be a great game for dicusussions but wouldn’t it always be very hard to not to spoil oneself in those discussions?

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top