• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretinJdawg445Lady KestrelTimovieManwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

R64 Bracket 4 - The Big AG VS Tournament

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Match 1

Day of the Tentacle                       26
'Broken Age                                 8 

Match 2

'Myst                                      11 
Loom                                       20

Match 3

'Riven                                      8 
The Neverhood                              19

Match 4

'The Black Mirror                           9 
Full Throttle                              26

p48

Day of the Tentacle__________________________
                                             \__R32_13_
Broken Age___________________________________
/         \
                                                        \
                                                         \__R16_7___

/          \
Myst_________________________________________           
/            \
                                             \__R32_14_
/              \
Loom_________________________________________
/                         \
                                                                        \
                                                                         \__QF4__

/
Riven________________________________________                           /

\__R32_15__               /
The Neverhood________________________________/          \             /

\           /

\__R16_8__/
                                                          /
The Black Mirror_____________________________            /

\__R32_16__/
Full Throttle________________________________

Vote for one game in each versus match that you’d like to see advance to the next round. Feel free to skip any match that you don’t want to vote in.

Voting for this bracket will end on 12 January at 23:59 GMT.

The four games in each bracket that survive their versus match will go on to the next round (the Round of 32), and so on, until only one game remains and wins the tournament for our community’s favorite adventure game.

Not sure what this tournament is all about? See the Overview thread here. Don’t worry if you missed previous rounds. Join in and have fun!

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

M1/2/3 No vote

M4 - Full Throttle

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2011-08-01

PM

M1: Day of the Tentacle
M2: Loom
M3: The Neverhood
M4: Full Throttle

M1: It’s hard for me to choose Day of the Tentacle over Broken Age, but I’ve got to. I’m waiting for the second Act of BA to be released before playing it. I want to vote for BA just for the documentary surrounding it alone since it’s very well done, interesting, and lengthy (more lengthy than the game). However, I am voting for DOTT because I love it—three parallel time periods pave the way for some very interesting and entertaining puzzles, funny situations, and creative genius. I only played DOTT just a few years ago, and I can see why it is such a loved, classic favorite.

M2: I’m voting for Loom because I despise the Myst series, for the same reasons that Richard Cobbett does. However – I have decided to give Cyan another chance, and that’s why I have backed Obduction. I already know that it will have amazing, fully 3D graphics and environments, and hope that the formula can be modernized with easier puzzles (or multiple difficulty levels and a hint system), more of a story, and hopefully some characters. I’m giving the series another chance and look forward to Obduction!

M3: Yes, I’m not a Myst/Riven fan (although I did back Obduction), but I’m voting for The Neverhood since it’s such a unique type of game. Claymation is an art style that needs to happen more often! And it really shows when it’s made with REAL clay, and not faked with 3D graphics like with Telltale’s (otherwise great) Wallace & Gromit game. The Neverhood is also a very whimsical, funny, and interesting game. I’m looking forward to Armikrog (which I backed also), and any other claymation games that decide to take mold.

M4: I’m a fan of both, but since Full Throttle is being paired with the first Black Mirror, the definite choice for me is Full Throttle. This was actually the first LucasArts game that I was aware of. I enjoyed playing an adventure game as a “tough guy” for a change, as if I was playing a Duke Nukem type character in an adventure game. The post-apocalyptic desert wasteland was interesting and the game was just plain cool. An adventure game with balls! It’s only been very recently that we’ve had nice and dirty adventure games come back, like Hector: Badge of Carnage, and Always Sometimes Monsters. Full Throttle was a nice change from the cute, G rated LucasArts games. If there’s one game screaming for a classic adventure sequel like a motorcycle with no muffler, this is it!

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

- Day of the Tentacle
- Loom
- The Neverhood
- Full Throttle

Lucas Arts rules here Wink

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

M1: Day of the Tentacle
M2: No vote
M3: No vote
M4: Full Throttle

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

1. Broken Age.  I find DotT a highly overrated game. I find Broken Age better in almost every department, with the exception of riddles of course, and probably art style (but this is something entirely subjective).
2. Myst. I am not a great fan of either games, but in terms of influence, Myst was clearly better.
3. Riven. This is a no contest. Riven is the best of the series and, compared to the Neverhood, it is better in graphics, music, characters, story, riddles…basically in everything. Playing Riven is something far beyond “playing a game”. More like living an eye-widening, jaw-falling experience. It is not humorous of course. I expect that in general, Myst games will receive much less votes than they should, just because of the great number of haters around (many of them have just played the first Myst and assume all games in the series are the same) and it is a shame.
4. As a game, Full Throttle is clearly better. But I had a friend who died some years ago because of a motorbike accident. I remember that FT was one of his favorite games when he was younger and I can’t ignore the factor “negative influence”.  The Black Mirror gets my vote.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

M1 - Day of the Tentacle
M2 - No vote
M3 - The Neverhood
M4 - Full Throttle

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

M1 - The Broken Age
M4 - The Black Mirror

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

M1: Day of the Tentacle - I think here is the biggest gap between games in this round, I’m troubled to put these two on the same scale even
M2: Loom - It immersed me much better in its magical world
M3: The Neverhood - Such a unique game, no one managed to achieve what these guys did
M4: Full Throttle - First game that looked like a feature animated movie, but wasn’t clunky (yes I’m looking at you KQ7 Smile )

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2012-05-22

PM

1. DOTT
2. LOOM
3. Neverhood
4. FT

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Match 1 - DOTT
Match 2 - Loom
Match 3 - Riven
Match 4 - The Black Mirror

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Match 1 - Day of the Tentacle              
Match 2 - Loom   There are many classic games, but Loom is different and distinct from all others and it was able transport me to a magical world in my childhood.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

M1) Day of the Tentacle
M2) Loom
M3) The Neverhood
M4) Full Throttle

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

M2 Myst
M4 The Black Mirror

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2011-09-21

PM

1 - Day of the Tentacle
2 - Myst
3 - The Neverhood
4 - Full Throttle

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Match 1- Day of the Tentacle. To me, this is not only the best adventure game, but the best video game ever made. The graphics (even till this day), the very funny humor, the animations, the sound effects, the voice acting, the very clever puzzles, the opening sequence Tongue, This game has it all. It is the closest to perfection I have ever seen.

Match 2- I was never a fan of Myst or any of its sequels, and Loom is a pretty decent game, with a nice fantasy world, and an innovative gameplay mechanic.

Match 4- Full Throttle. This was another amazing game by Tim Schafer, and the whole setting with futuristic biker gangs resonated with me. My only complaint is the lack of difficulty, as I remember finishing this game with my friend in a 3-4 hour gaming session.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top