• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 27 December 2014

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

How much does it bother non-natives to play a badly translated game? Speaking for myself only, usually not much. I may notice blatant grammatical mistakes (and miss the subtle ones) or some odd phrases, but that’s never been a reason to stop playing. Hell, I finished The Last Door. Sarcastic

I’ve read two reviews of Murder in Tehran’s Alleys 1933 (2013). Wow, an Iranian whodunnit! Right up my alley. AG wrote a lot about the atrocious translation and gave it only 1.5 stars. The other review concentrated on the good points, mentioned the bad translation in passing and advised players to regard the more incomprehensible sentences as puzzles to be solved!  So I decided to check out a youtube walkthrough before buying the game. Well, AG was right. Here’s one sad example: 

Primary guess: killing of some of children are important and some of them are unvaluable and unfortunately they have taken in to account as a fun for murder.

I haven’t bought the game. But the graphics look nice and any Iranian game deserves to be the AGSotD for one day!

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 27 December 2014 08:48 AM

Primary guess: killing of some of children are important and some of them are unvaluable and unfortunately they have taken in to account as a fun for murder.

Oh God, that’s bad.
It’s like they just ran it through Google Translate or something…

I once watched a Japanese action movie with subtitles like this, but at least that was a comedy/parody that was so bad it was good, and the moronic subtitles only enhanced the humour. Tongue

The reviews to this game seem to state that the game underneath is worthwhile. Maybe there’s a fan translation in the works?

The graphics certainly look ok…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top