• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Group J -  The BAG VS Tournament

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

7 - Conquests of the Longbow, tale of Robin Hood
5 - Syberia
3 - Blade Runner

As expected, our beloved Robin Hood tale won’t get many points, mostly because it’s rather unknown, so I want to give it a little bit extra attention.

Despite it’s awkward title (Sierra had a thing for ‘quests’ and consistent names for game series), it’s really about one of the best known stories out there: Robin Hood. And Sierra did a great job here: The writing of Christy Marx is suberb and she’s woven folklore, history, a bit of supernatural and her own writing into one of the most memorable renditions of the Robin Hood tale…..far better than any of the most recent movie versions.

The game itself contains a brilliant blend of classic P&C puzzles, some of them one of the best out of the Sierra catalogue, a few skippable mini-games to add to the immersion of being in the dangerous world of Robin Hood and some strategy game elements that lead to multiple (good and bad) endings.

So if you do remember this game, please do give it some points….it will need it and it is well deserved!

Sorry about this shameful plug Smile

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

7 - Black Dahlia

5 - Syberia

3 - Blade Runner

2 - The Inner World

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

7 - Syberia
5 - Black Dahlia
3 - To the Moon
2 - The Inner World

For some unknown reason I only heard of the Blade Runner game quite recently, even though the movie is one of my all time favourites Pan
I haven’t been able to get my hands of I copy even though I have been searching, I will out of principles not buy a used copy abroad and have it shipped half way across the world, but I am still hoping that it will end up at GOG at some point.

And sorry Subbi, I have also never played Conquests of the Longbow, otherwise I’m sure I would have loved it.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

7 - Conquests of the Longbow: The Legend of R.H.
5 - The Legend of Kyrandia 2: The Hand of Fate
3 - Black Dahlia
2 - Blade Runner
1 - The Dark Eye (inSCAPE 1995)

Longbow is one of Sierra’s bests, unlike Pepper. Once again surprised how unpopular is Kyrandia 2, especially taking the recent feminism trend.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

7 points Blade Runner
5 points Syberia
3 points Legend of Kyrandia 2

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Doom - 25 December 2014 01:53 PM

Longbow is one of Sierra’s bests, unlike Pepper. Once again surprised how unpopular is Kyrandia 2, especially taking the recent feminism trend.

I think people who didn’t play older games in time when they were coming out, tend to much to stick to Lucas Arts and Sierra (to lesser extent, because of their “bad reputation”) titles, so many diamonds like Hand of Fate stay forgotten.

Not to mention that Willy Beamish couldn’t even collect 4 votes to be nominated and if nothing else it deserves only for graphics that was Gasp let alone possibility to make real choices that actually did matter.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Bogi - 25 December 2014 03:33 PM

I think people who didn’t play older games in time when they were coming out, tend to much to stick to Lucas Arts and Sierra (to lesser extent, because of their “bad reputation”) titles, so many diamonds like Hand of Fate stay forgotten.

Not to mention that Willy Beamish couldn’t even collect 4 votes to be nominated and if nothing else it deserves only for graphics that was Gasp let alone possibility to make real choices that actually did matter.

I never got far into Willy Beamish, so I didn’t vote either Smile Still some of the oldies are quite popular, like Discworld or Simon the Sorcerer. I thought Kyrandia deserved same recognition. Maybe I was wrong…

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2011-08-01

PM

7 - Black Dahlia
5 - Blade Runner
3 - Syberia
2 - The Inner World
1 - To the Moon

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

7 - Syberia
5 - The Inner World
3 - To the Moon
2 - Kyrandia 2: Hand of Fate
1 - Conquest of the Longbow: Robin Hood

Syberia has some of my favourite adventure gaming music, and The Inner World is one of the very few adventures I’ve finished on Android despite owning quite a few and I enjoyed it a lot. To the Moon didn’t move as much as it seemed to others but it was well made and compelling.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

7 Legend of Kyrandia 2
5 Conquests of the Longbow: The Legend of R.H
3 The Inner World
2 Pepper’s Adventures in Time
1 Syberia

Doom - 25 December 2014 04:19 PM

I thought Kyrandia deserved same recognition. Maybe I was wrong…

I agree with you. Hand of Fate was one of the best adventure games from the nineties in my opinion, and deserves a place among Sierra and LucasArts best titles. Book One was alright too, but Book Three, Malcolms Revenge, was a frustrating affair.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

7 - To the Moon
5 - Syberia

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Dag - 25 December 2014 08:56 PM
Doom - 25 December 2014 04:19 PM

I thought Kyrandia deserved same recognition. Maybe I was wrong…

I agree with you. Hand of Fate was one of the best adventure games from the nineties in my opinion, and deserves a place among Sierra and LucasArts best titles. Book One was alright too, but Book Three, Malcolms Revenge, was a frustrating affair.

I like all three, but two is definitely the strongest of all the games. A bona fide classic!  Cool

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

1-  Blade runner
2 - Syberia

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

1. Syberia – 7 points
2. Blade runner – 5 points
3. Conquests of the Longbow – 3 points
4. To the Moon – 2 points
5. Black Dahlia – 1 point

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

7: Syberia
5: The Dark Eye (inSCAPE 1995)
3: The Legend of Kyrandia 2: The Hand of Fate
2: To the Moon
1: Black Dahlia

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top