• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiefurgotten

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 20 December 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The Last Door (2014) is a Lovecraftian horror game. I has a good, dark story and the atmosphere is great. But the graphics…  Meh The screenshot is taken from the first ten minutes of the game. Protagonist Jeremiah is visiting the mansion of his friend Anthony and when I clicked on the painting I got that comment about the years not having been kind. I’m afraid I burst out laughing.

I want to be fair to the game. This is not the retro style, no game ever looked like this. So I’ll agree with those who call it pixel art. I got used to the graphics and I can see some beauty in it, but the developers must have chosen this style to add something to the atmosphere. Didn’t work for me. I found it frustrating that I couldn’t recognize objects and the blocky pixels made the experience less immersive. Without the excellent music, sounds and silences the pixel scares would have left me cold.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

This one also slipped under my radar.
Then again I almost have no radar at all.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I noticed the pixelated look of the game when screenshot browsing - I really don’t mind basic graphics but I’m not sure about playing a newer game with that look?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top