• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure - Out on Steam and GOG

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Congrats on winning the award! Really looking forward to see how the game turned out, the visuals in the demo were already amazing to see, combined with the voice-overs and animations it’s really looking like a very promising release.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

are we seeing a release date soon?, how is Don? and what about the Beta, is it done?

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Hi Advie! Yep, I know, long time no update. Reason for that was that I was waiting for us to be truly content complete - that means, all 12,000+ lines of dialogue. That is apparently actually happening this week! Don’s surgery has been delayed, and he’s been doing his best to squeeze recording all of the remaining dialogue.

So, the projected timeline is: getting all remaining recorded lines this week, hopefully getting them all edited next week and some internal testing to make sure we didn’t miss anything, and then the beta.

Here’s the thing about the beta: we are translating the game into 10 languages (yes, 10, I know, we’re insane). We need to figure out whether we want to just push the English beta out, or reach out to backers and see if they’d be interested in testing in their own language (which we really need, since other than Italian we can’t really do it ourselves). I think you can imagine implementing localization x10 is no easy feat, but it’d be awesome if we could actually get those tested with other than the translators.

So, to sum up: voice content complete very soon (oh my God, it took SO long), hopefully multi-language beta, and… well, then we figure out a release date. I really don’t want to do that before we’ve had other folks than ourselves test the game, because after so much time we do NOT want to put out an untested or potentially buggy build.

Thanks for keeping us in mind! Grin

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Mr Underhill - 05 February 2019 03:12 PM

we do NOT want to put out an untested or potentially buggy build.

Kudos to you for that!

The worse thing any developer can do is to rush a (buggy) game to the market. At least in my opinion.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Mr Underhill - 05 February 2019 03:12 PM

Here’s the thing about the beta: we are translating the game into 10 languages (yes, 10, I know, we’re insane). We need to figure out whether we want to just push the English beta out, or reach out to backers and see if they’d be interested in testing in their own language (which we really need, since other than Italian we can’t really do it ourselves). I think you can imagine implementing localization x10 is no easy feat, but it’d be awesome if we could actually get those tested with other than the translators.

Thanks for the fast reply Mr Underhill,

I must say you guys are crazy to think of translating the game into 10 languages, even into Arabic!... wow, that is something i had never encountered, even the Iranian company that did 1979 Revolution, didn’t go that far, but as i am willing (as a backer) to be that guy who be testing the Arabic language, i have to just say, dont do it,  i think i am the only one at the region who will buy it anyway Wink
But seriously, when the time comes, i would like to help.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Hi Mr. Underhill.

I have sent you a PM about the Spanish translation.

And I agree it is much better to wait a little bit longer and releasing the best game possible.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

The legend of Gibbous grows stronger by the day Grin

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Hey there! In case you’re the kind of weirdo that doesn’t read the front page of this excellent website (why would’t you? Geez!), there’s an interview with yours truly there, going into how the game came to be, and where it’s at right now. Check it out!

https://adventuregamers.com/articles/view/37129

Smile

Total Posts: 260

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

Thank you, but I’ve subscribed to the Adventure Gamers newsletter. Yes, that was very interesting to read. Spring sounds good, but even if it shouldn’t be released before late summer, it’s still one of my most wanted games this year, and I’m willing to wait for a great adventure experience. Which it will be, if the rest of the game is as good as the demo.

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

LittleRose - 01 March 2019 05:30 AM

Thank you, but I’ve subscribed to the Adventure Gamers newsletter. Yes, that was very interesting to read. Spring sounds good, but even if it shouldn’t be released before late summer, it’s still one of my most wanted games this year, and I’m willing to wait for a great adventure experience. Which it will be, if the rest of the game is as good as the demo.

Spoiler: the rest of the game is a lot better than the demo Wink  Laughing Thanks for the kind words!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

we never miss a thing about that game Mr.

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Hey Steam-using Cultists, we could use your help!

I’m sure you know Steam tags really can help people find games that they’re interested in. Thing is, the more people apply tags to a product, the better chances it has at visibility and discoverability.

That’s why we’re asking you, if you have 30 seconds to spare, to go to our Steam page and add some tags!

In case you haven’t done it before, it’s super easy. The add tags button looks like a “+”, and it’s located under the main game thumbnail, in the upper-right, under the publisher and developer name:

You can apply your own tags, but it’s best for the game if you use some of these:

Indie - Adventure - Singleplayer - Great Soundtrack - Atmospheric - 2D - Puzzle - Story Rich - Horror - Funny - Fantasy - Female Protagonist - Comedy - Third Person - Point & Click - Cute - etc.

...most of which will be suggested already.

Thanks in advance, this would really help the game’s visibility. Love y’all!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Mr Underhill - 03 March 2019 11:13 AM

That’s why we’re asking you, if you have 30 seconds to spare, to go to our Steam page and add some tags!

Done.

For Kitteh! Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

TimovieMan - 03 March 2019 12:51 PM
Mr Underhill - 03 March 2019 11:13 AM

Done.

For Kitteh! Grin

Who else?  Cool Thanks!  Heart

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Done!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top