• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021shanethewolf

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure - Out on Steam and GOG

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Wow and fuck man. how do we miss these amazing ‘events’ with a great gang of the best indies devs in the current decade!, Mr.Underhill (Laine), thank you for sharing this it, was an amazing thing to have breakfast (slowly + tea and a lot of coffee) while listening to the whole thing.

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Excellent! Glad you enjoyed it. I admit to having a bit of an impostor syndrome being around guys with long-standing track records like Richard Cobbett and Francisco Gonzalez, but everyone involved was super nice, and it was a great experience overall, boosting one’s confidence in adventure games’ relevance. I’ll say it again - adventure game enthusiasts are one of the best bunch out there.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Mr Underhill - 29 May 2018 08:54 AM

Excellent! Glad you enjoyed it. I admit to having a bit of an impostor syndrome being around guys with long-standing track records like Richard Cobbett and Francisco Gonzalez, but everyone involved was super nice, and it was a great experience overall, boosting one’s confidence in adventure games’ relevance. I’ll say it again - adventure game enthusiasts are one of the best bunch out there.

are you kidding me?!, you were so relaxed, at least what it sounded to me, and i am sure the audience who had heard this must felt it too, plus i’ve seen you talking before to a group of people (a couple of times, if i m not mistaken) and were so confident!, you should give a lecture to Mo.Salah about confidence,  Smile nah, that last one only a tease/joke, but you are doing greeaaat Mr.Underhill as being the front man too, to this project, plus the work it must be stressful but I can see how this all must feel, but nowhere feeling how it feels of course.

thanks for sharing that Vid/Audio again, it was so delighting.

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Hey guys! Thought I’d let you know what exciting things have been happening lately in zee world of Gibous.

Yesterday we went into the studio with Rolli, an INCREDIBLY talented local 18 year old violinist. An incredible contribution to the soundtrack - we were absolutely blown away.

He took a glance at the music sheets, and was like “Yo, can I improvise?”. We gave him an enthusiastic go ahead, and… Well, it’s all in the video below, but to give you the tl;dr EVERYTHING is 100% improvised, and all takes were absolutely perfect and will make it into the song as they are.

Truly mind-blowing. We’re super grateful to all our backers for allowing us to afford such jaw-dropping talent.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I hate to sound too grim and cynical, but never i add cherries to my words; first of all i guess you never heard quarter flat of a tone before played within a scale, which is only achieved only by fretless instruments like Violon or Oud ...etc, for me this all sounds so normal and i heard nothing exciting about his playing plus when the vid goes at 00:58 for the first take i dont hear the rhythm he plays over, to listen and feel the harmony, becuase quarter flats can be off-tone even in a is in Harmonic-Minor scale scale. i couldn’t really tell due to the short periods it was played together (the Violin and the Rhythm) .

but again if you can provide me/us later with a draft of this track even before the mix down i can tell for real if these quarter flats he added did add up to the music. and i am not gonna talk about the whereabouts of when these track play because it seems where are gonna visit Turkey of and Arab region od the world.

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Woah, that’s a lot of technical talk that I can’t really speak to, since I do everything by ear. It’s hard to reproduce the feeling we got in the studio, and it’s a bit different since this is just sound coming from the camera, not the mixer, and you’re not getting too much of the backing track, but it sounded… perfect.

The kid is Gipsy Roma, and they’re masters of this melancholy-like violin playing. Again, can’t speak to the technical stuff, but everybody present was in awe of how beautiful it all came together. I guess you’ll be able to judge it while playing the game / listening to the soundtrack Smile The tracks are being mixed literally as we speak, so I might post that pretty soon!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Mr Underhill - 07 June 2018 12:25 PM

everybody present was in awe of how beautiful it all came together.

Well, if that was how was it, then you must ingore all the rubbish i said, but i was only afraid that most of the Non-Eastern people i meet (and i meet a lot) when hearing the Quarter-Halfs of a tone played they get that awe, especially if they never visited Turkey or any Arab country.

But forget about it Mr.Underhill, i just care about your project not for the pennies i dropped but for the potential it has.

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Oh, no, it’s cool! It’s just hard for me to respond ‘cause it’s one of those situations where I realize “Whelp, I’m out of my depth here” Grin To put things into perspective, I wrote about 25-30% of the soundtrack, and I have zero notions of musical theory. That’s my disclaimer right there, hehe.

But rest assured that we have a super professional sound engineer with 30 years + of experience, and the guy mixing and mastering everything is really good at his job. As the kids say, it’s gonna sound hella good! Grin

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I remember reading about fractional tones in the manual of my first computer!

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/ZXBasicManual/zxmanchap19.html

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Well, speaking of music, it’s Friday, so… jazzhands!

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Hey! Dropping in to let you know a new Kickstarter update has just gone live.

It’s chock full of gifs, videos, and do check out my personal favorite, and a highlight of the game, recording live violins for the soundtrack.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

There’s Cyberpunk 2077 hype levels and then there’s Gibbous hype levels

Truly a magnum opus

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Burge - 11 June 2018 09:30 AM

There’s Cyberpunk 2077 hype levels and then there’s Gibbous hype levels

Truly a magnum opus

*entire studio blushes at once, surroundings engulfed in red glow for miles*

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

the guys four* fingers animation are over the top! (a little ‘hardly noticeable’ jump there once, but i am sure all will ready and perfect for the release)

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Advie - 11 June 2018 12:08 PM

the guys four* fingers animation are over the top! (a little ‘hardly noticeable’ jump there once, but i am sure all will ready and perfect for the release)

Huh

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top