• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cage Match#3 (Dumb & Dumber)

Poll: Roger Vs Larry
Total Votes: 20
Roger Wilco
Larry Laffer

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

December/20-Saturday, 01:24PM
Roger Wilco Wins!

Score for the record:-
Roger Wilco :12
Larry Laffer :08

———————————————-

Roger Laffer Vs Larry Wilco   Grin

Both share many things in common:-
1-They both have six parts adventures released at the time period between 1987-1996.
2-They both been designed under/by Sierra and mainly by three designers; Al, Scott and Mark, whom had worked together into those two titles, and though Al was only/always remembered/credited for Larry’s games, he had his share with Space Quests, but Mark had the biggest share of working for both IPs more than Scott or Al.
3-They are the main humor tags of Sierra, though Space Quests never reached/was-known-to the humor level of Larry’s games, but for me I see that ‘differently’ Space Quest was always more funny than LSL adventures, IMO.
4-They both seem to have same idea of characteristics; being so dumb and its always up to fate to work in their favors, and create those heroic acts, and achievements at the end.

Voting is much about whom is your favor character, but ‘I guess’ its hard to wish it (the voting) could be done separate/away from involving IPs or the Devs behind them; Al and The Two Guys, as anyone with-no-doubt will get affected by his/her amount of love/admiration for both of the series ‘as whole’, so anyways, let be it .

Image Attachments

Rogges-Larrys.gif

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Larry all the way. I’ve never been a big fan of Space Quest.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Roger, of course Grin

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

seriously, I think this match will be hard to predict, not as the other two previous ones, were I had an idea which was ‘somehow’ gonna get ahead.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Larry all the way. Cool

I quite like the Larry series, but I absolutely hate the Space Quest series. That first game scarred me for life and I wouldn’t touch the rest with a ten foot pole…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 13 December 2014 08:50 AM

Larry all the way. Cool

I quite like the Larry series, but I absolutely hate the Space Quest series. That first game scarred me for life and I wouldn’t touch the rest with a ten foot pole…

But you never tried the others? You can’t say you hate the series if only played the first one.
And it’s characters the comparison here, right? Roger is the ultimate anti-hero from adventure games Smile

/Space Quest defense force

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I prefer Larry. This is going to be one close contest.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Larry, Larry! It goes both for the characters and their respected series.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sefir - 13 December 2014 10:22 AM

I prefer Larry. This is going to be one close contest.

Indeed!, that makes me think we need to set a dead line from now, I think a-week/8-days would be it, until next Saturday-20th-December.

Uh and Btw I voted for Roger, guess it could be very obvious Smile

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

This is an impossible choice. IMHO both series represent the weakest in terms of foundation of all games produced by Sierra. But both series had at least one very good installment, represented by Larry 7 and Space Quest 5.

So which to choose? I’ll shift slightly to Space Quest, just because of Gary Owens.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

The problem with Larry is that he isn’t much of a character at all. Does he have any positives to him, or has Al Lowe just written a list of attributes falling under the category of ‘loser’?

Okay, Roger wasn’t a knight in shining armour either, but he had motivations larger than ‘women, sex, money’.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Hmmm to me it is Roger who lacks character. He is like a running gag without distinctive features who always relies on pure luck and nothing else. Larry’s motivations are always clear, and those seduction schemes he comes up with sometimes are quite smart. But I think I prefer both narrators to both characters Smile

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I think I’m landing more towards Larry than Roger. I love them both, Space Quest 1 and LSL1 are some of my fondest gaming memories from growing up, but all in all, Larry have made a bigger impression on me than Roger has. Larry’s character, IMO, is a little better thought out, and easier to get into. Still, I’m having a hard time choosing between the two.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

9(Roger) to 8(Larry)!
hmm, so it seems that its going to stay this way?, and sealed up by Martin Gantefoehr’s 9th point given (and the last so far) to Roger !?.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

I voted Roger, but reading the replies made me reflect and realize that I agree that he’s a much less defined character.

Space Quest was definitely the series that was more funny to me, though.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

another 24hours to seal up this vote too, and btw about new cages matches I think I will rather wait until the BAG tournament is over, at least to not to divert attention of this important event. Until then, then.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top