• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Replay Games dumps developer Adventure Mob

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Still, it’s sad for Adventure Mob.  I know they put a lot of hard work into the LSL demo and such.  I know, however, that they’ll land on their feet - and they’re certainly not stopping work on adventure games.  We’ll be seeing games from them in the future, and they’ll prove their mettle.  Just sorry it had to all go this way.  Personally, I didn’t like the way that one article said “trades up”.  That was just kind of an underhanded blow to Adventure Mob.

Bt

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Yeah, I don’t like that VentureBeat publication. The articles I’ve read from them come off like propaganda pieces without any attempts at the kind of neutrality a news story ought to have.

I don’t know if it’s necessarily trading up to a BETTER developer as much as it is a more reliable developer with a stable in-house staff and a proven track record. Which is honestly pretty important especially if you’re spending donor’s money.

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Yeah, exactly.  It just wasn’t necessary to say “trades up”.  No reason to denigrate Adventure Mob like that.  Sometimes things just don’t work out between two business entities - but to go off and have them slagged like that.  Not a cool move.

Bt

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Paul defended the decision to drop Adventure Mob pretty well to me when I talked to him, but I don’t want to say too much. I do think they’d theoretically be capable of handling a project like this, but there were legitimate concerns about their track record or lack thereof, and not all of these were apparent before visiting them in person.

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Yeah, to be honest, Replays reasons are their reasons.  I’ve had conversations with the guys from Adventure Mob and I know them to be capable and enthusastic; however, it just might not have gel’d with what Replay’s Team needed or wanted.  I can understand that.  I don’t have a problem with them changing teams - it’s their prerogative, but I do have a problem with the way they were cast in a negative light.  AM did a lot of ground work for Larry, and a lot of promoting for it.  That’s not all for not - their work still counts in the over all scheme of things, and I don’t think it’s right for anyone to cast them in a negative light - especially when they’ve been mum about this whole affair themselves.

Like I said, though, Adventure Mob’s not going anywhere, and they’ll have a chance to shine in the future, I’m sure. 

Bt

Bt

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I don’t think it was that really. I don’t know exactly how much I should say. AM wasn’t really forthcoming with certain details that left Replay kind of suspicious as to if there was something they weren’t being told.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

[comment deleted. good Fien]

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Seriously, dude? This is worth picking a fight over? I’m just trying to use some discretion here. I told you who my source is, you can take his credibility for what you will.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Frogacuda - 26 July 2012 03:58 PM

Seriously, dude?

Dudette.

This is worth picking a fight over?

No, it isn’t. That’s why I deleted my post. Smile

I’m just trying to use some discretion here. I told you who my source is, you can take his credibility for what you will.

Whatever.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Sorry, it’s probably bad form to reference what I can’t say. I should just not say anything. I’m not trying to be mysterious, it’s just professionally disadvantageous for me to say too much.

Plus I like Adventure Mob. I do think they COULD have done it, I think Paul thinks they could have done it, but I just don’t think he was SURE they could have done it.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Let’s keep the discussion to what people actually know and are able to talk about, please. Not very useful otherwise.

Personally, I didn’t like the way that one article said “trades up”.  That was just kind of an underhanded blow to Adventure Mob.

I agree. It didn’t seem like the sort of announcement that deserved (EXCLUSIVE!!!!) press coverage to be honest. Whether that’s on VentureBeat or Replay or both, I don’t know, but it came out in a kind of insensitive and uncomfortable way, considering the circumstances. Seems like an unnecessary jab at people who did a lot of (free?) work trying to get the project off the ground.

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2012-05-20

PM

It’s weird that on one hand they seem to keep the option open to partner up again in the future but on the other hand slag them. Seems contradictive. Replay will have their reasons but how do they manage to get shitcanned for every decision?

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

Blackthorne - 26 July 2012 12:28 PM

Personally, I didn’t like the way that one article said “trades up”.  That was just kind of an underhanded blow to Adventure Mob.

I really dislike the cushy relationship between Paul Trowe and Venture Beat, as I alluded to in my first post. Every time we hear anything from Replay it’s being fed through his lackeys at that excuse for an online magazine. Press releases should be sent out directly from Replay, or at least by giving a heads up to backers first.

I completely agree that the language in the article was disrespectful, which is part of what irked me.

Frogacuda - 26 July 2012 12:55 PM

Paul defended the decision to drop Adventure Mob pretty well to me when I talked to him, but I don’t want to say too much.

You really can’t just come out and say things like that without anything to back it up. I’m sure you had a cosy little chat, but unless you have solid information that you can elaborate on then it really means nothing to the rest of us.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

in the end Jatsie the only thing that means anything to us is whether the game comes out and whether it is any good or not.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Passive-aggressively bad-mouthing your previous partners, acting smug and “rubbing it in” are bad form.

I don’t care what your reasons are for voiding a previous relationship, and it’s okay to be glad that things are working out with your new one, but don’t take cheap swipes.

Bt

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top