• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Broken Age Act 2 Discussion

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It’s official now, while it always was obvious, Broken Age’s second act will be pushed to next year:

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/15863/

On the positive note for those who did find the first part too short, the second part has playtested from 8-12 hours in game time, so all in all it looks like it will become a decent lenght game afterall.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

If the game is at Alpha stage except for the finale I would imagine it will probably be Feb/Mar 2015.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

tomimt - 01 December 2014 09:41 AM

It’s official now, while it always was obvi, Broken Age’s second act will be pushed to next year:

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/15863/

On the positive note for those who did find the first part too short, the second part has playtested from 8-12 hours in game time, so all in all it looks like it will become a decent lenght game afterall.

Increased length is a huge plus, also heard about a little more hard puzzles. This is the power of criticism. Wink

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 01 December 2014 12:48 PM

This is the power of criticism. Wink

Wasn’t it always intended to be like this, regardless of the criticism?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

in the docs Tim did say he listened to the criticism where people said the first part was too easy, but at the same time it was always stated that the second part would be more difficult. So it’s anyones guess really.

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

tomimt - 01 December 2014 01:35 PM

in the docs Tim did say he listened to the criticism where people said the first part was too easy, but at the same time it was always stated that the second part would be more difficult. So it’s anyones guess really.

Indeed tomimt - it’s clearly a bit of both…everyone’s welcome to decide what played the bigger part Wink . But it is true that most people (from all surveys I saw) did say that the first part was (at least a bit) too easy, so it makes sense that Double Fine would take that into account.

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2014-07-12

PM

tomimt - 01 December 2014 09:41 AM

I won´t believe it until I play the game myself. They have said a lot of things about this game that in the end never happened. They said it will be old school adventure game, and it is not, they split the game in two parts and prolonged the development of the game for too long. It looks to me that they are working on a couple of other games that have a publisher and they decided to give more attention to those games and said screw the backers, they are fans and they are willing to wait until the next century. So I won´t believe anything I hear about Broken Age until I see it myself. Meh

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

I can’t wait until part 2 comes out and reviews complain about how it’s too hard.

Don’t worry, it’ll happen. Wink

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

In all fairness the game has been in development for 3 years. I mean isn’t that what most games take to make anyway? I suppose companies like Pheonix Online Studios have created two games in a shorter amount of time (GK20 and Mobieus) but the overall quality to those games were generally lacking compared to Broken Age which is very high quality on all counts… but thats just my opinion lol.

And when it comes to difficulty, puzzles weren’t hard and I didn’t need a walkthrough but I wouldn’t say they were completely easy either. Looking forward to Act 2!

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Beta estimates are almost always very wrong. Schafer was acting shocked that people completed act 1 as fast as they did. I’d still expect another 4-5 hours from act 2.. and really thats still a decent total length for broken age at 8-10 hours. Just a little sad it took so long to complete.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

aaroncarney - 01 December 2014 07:02 PM

In all fairness the game has been in development for 3 years. I mean isn’t that what most games take to make anyway? I suppose companies like Pheonix Online Studios have created two games in a shorter amount of time (GK20 and Mobieus) but the overall quality to those games were generally lacking compared to Broken Age which is very high quality on all counts… but thats just my opinion lol.

Development of Armikrog started 1.5 years later, yet there are big chances the whole thing will be ready before Act 2. And in my opinion the game looks better than Broken Age.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-12-02

PM

Mid-March 2015 would make it three years since the Kickstarter.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

People complain about how long it has been, but remember that we have at least played half the game.

Some Kickstarters are still mostly in darkness 2.5 years since funding (*Cough*SpaceVenture*cough*)

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

A.A - 01 December 2014 03:13 PM

I can’t wait until part 2 comes out and reviews complain about how it’s too hard.

Don’t worry, it’ll happen. Wink

Well, people who liked the difficulty level of the first part have a right to be disappointed if the second part is vastly harder… Personally, I don’t want it to be, so I reserve my right to complain if that turns out to be the case. Grin

Double Fine can’t please everyone, so when all’s said and done I hope they’re able to realize their vision for the game and that the problems they’ve encountered haven’t caused them to compromise.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TimovieMan - 01 December 2014 01:17 PM

Was planned to be shorter than Act1.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

nomadsoul - 02 December 2014 12:36 PM
TimovieMan - 01 December 2014 01:17 PM

Was planned to be shorter than Act1.

Source?

When I spoke to Tim last December (before the first act released), he was already planning to make Act 2 more difficult than Act 1. (See here, near the bottom of the page.) And harder usually means longer playtime…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top