• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarbchrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 29 November 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Qin: Tomb of the Middle Kingdom (1996) is a beautiful Mystian edutainment title. I’ve often wondered why there are more adventures situated in ancient China than in our own classic Greece. Or Rome for that matter. 

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve seen lots of screenshots from the game - it looks interesting but in 1996 I was still relying on my PS1 for games & it was years later before I realised what a plethora of games were available on PC! I’ve only come across this game & Cryo’s China actually set in China although I’ve seen screenshots from many other games that have used the location. I’m sure that there are many interesting locations around the world that are overlooked!

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I played a good chunk of this one years ago. I have a vague recollection of getting stuck outside the tomb on a snowy mountain with a bridge. I have no idea how much of the game is left after that.

I thought this game was fascinating while it stayed in the tomb. I didn’t quite understand where it was going once it left there.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ve always wanted to play this one but could never find the Mac version for sale.  I should look again.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Karlock, please don’t comment, because I know you won’t like mine. You would have to go way back in the archives to find the “Ten Worst Games You Ever Played” thread. This game was very high on my list. It came at a point where I wanted to be entertained, rather than edutained. This game did neither. It may be the most boring game ever created.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

You’re mistaken, rtrooney. I couldn’t care less if you like the game or not. I do mind that you tell me what to do, and I do mind that you misspell my name on purpose.

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I would assume the occasional typo is forgiven, Karlok. I see more than a few here, and I guarantee mine was not intentional.

Can’t tell you how many times I’ve mis-typed Iznogood. Fortunately, not that much of a sensitive issue there.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I don’t believe you. You’ve done it before. Mistyping someone’s name is always a way to show a lack of respect, deliberately or not. Unless it’s a pun. And of course not a word about the main reason I replied to your post. How like you.

PS: I haven’t played Qin. Hehehe….

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top