• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough: The Space Bar

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2006-06-01

PM

Wonderfull!
Finally i can install Space Bar. A VERY BIG and hot “Thanks!!” to Zobraks and driver8 (you are so totally my driver1!).
So i am willing to take part in this experience. Never played that game before, because i never understood how to install it.
Thanks Fien for beeing the playthrough leader.
Let’s start!

Total Posts: 4253

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Hey, it looks like Bad Mojo/GAG gang has gathered once again!
Welcome to the party, Seagull!

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2006-06-01

PM

Hey, Zobraks! Nice to meet you again.
What an impressive hairstyle you have grown since then.

Total Posts: 4253

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Yeah, I’ve grown a lot of hair (moustache, sideburns, you name it) since the last year’s playthrough.

Speaking of hair, here’s what the TSB creators say about Humans (our race):

They are almost hairless, except for several patches in sometimes surprising locations.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2012-07-08

PM

zobraks - 18 July 2012 02:50 AM

Here’s what I got (on Win XP SP2):

Thanks, zobraks.

I opened up a walkthrough, did a search for “megawave,” and it jumped to the bottom of the file. I’ll take that to mean we won’t need to worry about the kitchen for a while.

I did some googling and these WLD files seem to be unique to The Space Bar. I haven’t found anything else on the internet that uses the same scripting language. I did however, in my search, find what seems to be a backup of a demo for The Space Bar. The README.TXT will be of interest to people who—like me—don’t have the manual. It contains a lot more info than the README on the full game disc. It also has these images, which provide a nice intro:

-driver8

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Hiya Seagul! Where have you been all this time? Your looks have changed quite a bit too, if you don’t mind my saying so. Good thing I recognize you from your smilies. Wink

I have a burning question. What does Thud’s T-shirt say? At first I thought it said “I love fun”, but it could also be “I love Thud”.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

If your game had shipped without the manual, you can find it RIGHT HERE.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

diego - 18 July 2012 05:40 PM

According to McAfee replacementsdoc is a dangerous site. I don’t know how much importance we should attach to their warning, since we’re all here at dangerous AG. But it’s not the first time replacementsdoc has been hacked.

Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

No biggie, you can also download it here:

The Space Bar Manual

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-07-08

PM

diego - 18 July 2012 05:40 PM

Awesome! Thanks.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Great, got it working with those windows 7 instructions. Is anyone else getting an intro? I just get dumped on a grated floor which seems odd, but considering a lot of 90s games do that i’m not sure…

Also re: the time limit issue - could someone explain this a bit more? How long do I have? Does time pass in real time and during conversations, or just when I do stuff?

Total Posts: 2983

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Oscar, I didn’t get an intro as well (I do get the company’s logos however). The game just dumped me in front of the bar, but that’s ok by me. The game works fine, at least until now.

Does time passes by when you are into someone’s head (like Fleebix & Thud) too?

Joined 2012-07-08

PM

I got the intro. I think it only plays the first time you run the game or until you save. Once you create a save file, I think it stops. Also, the bar files are on disc 2, while the intro is on disc 1. If you’re running the game from discs or isos, make sure you have disk 1 in. If you copied everything to one folder, make sure you have the “INTRO” folder in there.

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

The intro is fairly long. You meet Alias Node (you) and your partner Maksh. And you learn what your mission is. If you haven’t seen it, you probably don’t know what your partner looks like? You should.

No, time in the Emp-Tels doesn’t count. Only time spent in the bar. There’s no “real” time. Turn-based means that you can stare an hour at your screen pondering your next move, and time will stand still. But as soom as you click, move, do something, the clock starts ticking. There’s a clock on your PDA. I don’t really know how long you have (I haven’t started yet). Until some spaceship which the kidnapper will board leaves the planet. Maybe Zelda tells you what time that will be, or your superior.

Looking forward to:

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Well I’m wandering around in Fleebix’s head and the time down on the control panel seems to be going forward. I assume that’s what you mean by Emp-Tels?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top