• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 17 November 2014

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Desperate at the time for more interesting games to play on my PS2 I picked up a used copy of Largo Winch: Empire Under Threat (2002) not knowing what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised to find a quite long intriguing 3rd person perspective adventure with mainly traditional inventory manipulation puzzles. I remember enjoying several computer hacking puzzles, which get progressively harder throughout the game, but less so the combat scenes until I realised they were puzzles in themselves with no reflexes or timing required!

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Thanx for reminding me that I need to play this one, it got great review from a famous local magazine writer at a time… Also, this game always reminds of one another game, in so many ways (similar graphics, theme…) that I always mix them up - that other game was never used in Adventure Game Scenes! Another proof of unexplainable obscurity for those two games. Smile

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 18 November 2014 05:25 PM

Thanx for reminding me that I need to play this one, it got great review from a famous local magazine writer at a time… Also, this game always reminds of one another game, in so many ways (similar graphics, theme…) that I always mix them up - that other game was never used in Adventure Game Scenes! Another proof of unexplainable obscurity for those two games. Smile

And the name of that other game is…?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 18 November 2014 05:35 PM

And the name of that other game is…?

Tongue I knew you’d ask… I will never tell you!!!

NEVER!

OK, it’s The Watchmaker. Some glorifying reviews - http://www.adventure-archiv.com/t/watchmakerreviewe.htm, http://www.adventureclassicgaming.com/index.php/site/reviews/222/, http://www.metzomagic.com/showArticle.php?index=507, yet no one talks about it.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego - 18 November 2014 05:25 PM

Largo winch & The Watchmaker to me diego seem to have quite different graphics with LW’s being superior that I’m curious to know how you came to relate the games? - I agree that neither have commanded much attention but I found the focus of the stories slightly different -  HEY! watch this space to discuss more!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

chrissie - 21 November 2014 07:20 AM

Largo winch & The Watchmaker to me diego seem to have quite different graphics with LW’s being superior that I’m curious to know how you came to relate the games?

Hehe… you’re right, Largo Winch has better graphics than The Watchmaker, though they still share the similar “blocky” (though not bad looking) 3D style characters - Largo Winch; The Watchmaker. They were both released around the same time, they’re both 3rd-person mystery games, and… OK, they might not be that similar and it’s mostly in my head, but hey - in both games you visit the man in the white apron! Wink

But I think it’s mostly that both are played from the similar 3D perspective.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top