• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Chapter five of The Dream Machine is out!

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

...And it seems pretty damn impressive in scope. According to devs Anders and Erik it contains as much gameplay as all previous four chapters combined. (!)

Check it out here on Steam.

I can’t wait to give it a spin. Smile

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Have not played any of the Dream Machines but wow, those are great graphics. That is what I expected of (and didn’t get) with Broken Age.

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

Broken Age and The Dream Machine are two very, very different games. From a gameplay-mechanic perspective they certainly share a lot, but TDM is thematically A LOT darker and is definitely aimed at a more “serious” crowd.

I love both visual styles however, I think they’re both unique and polished in their own awesome ways. But indeed, very different.

If you want strong, serious narrative, definitely check out The Dream Machine. You can try the first chapter for free over on their website. I strongly recommend giving it a spin. No cost, no install. Nothing to lose but a couple minutes of your time. Smile

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2009-06-23

PM

Yeah, have been playing this all morning. Great game!

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

My plan was to wait until all chapters were released but I caved in now with only one part left. Just finished the five chapters and this game truly blew my mind. It’s simply incredible. It even gets better with each chapter (the lasers in chapter 5 being the only exception).

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Dream Machine is the only ag (for a long while since BM1) that really had creeped me just fine, kinda of what S.K’s Pet Sematary did to me when I was a kid, its about how you feel scared and horrorized without seeing a single drop of blood or a terrifying monster, I remember when horror movies were big at the 80’s there were those like Nightmare in Elm Street’s style and so on… and rare ones like Pet Sematary, and The Shining, were the idea by itself is horrifying only by thinking of it, which lasts a while after the movie have finish or even maybe starts by then, its not aiming to make you jump of your feet during watching time but it grabs you within the idea, to imagine yourself at the hero’s shoes; how would feel about having a chance to give life back to those you loved and lost (as with Pet Sematary) even tho you certainly sure, they will return as monsters…

Dream Machine is a very underrated ag, full of great gameplaying and an amazing story.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top