• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New GOG Releases

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 20 February 2013 11:49 AM
Oscar - 20 February 2013 08:02 AM

They have Simon 3D. And Jack Orlando Sick

Simon 3D is underrated, and Jack Orlando… well, you have a point… Grin

They can’t possibly be as bad as little Larry Lovage adventure, can they?

Then again they now have the infamous Daikatana Smile

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

GOG posted this on Twitter today.

Are you excited about the new #StarTrek?

How do you feel about J.J. Abrams making #StarWars ep.VII as well?

Could they really be hinting at future LucasArts releases? One can only hope, but I doubt it. It’s not just the LA adventures that need to be there - so many great games like Tie Fighter, Dark Forces series, Outlaws, etc.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

inm8#2 - 20 February 2013 06:12 PM

GOG posted this on Twitter today.

Are you excited about the new #StarTrek?

How do you feel about J.J. Abrams making #StarWars ep.VII as well?

Could they really be hinting at future LucasArts releases? One can only hope, but I doubt it. It’s not just the LA adventures that need to be there - so many great games like Tie Fighter, Dark Forces series, Outlaws, etc.

Ahhh. Teasers… I hope it’s something about that. Looking at the wishlist Lucasarts is the only big old games developer they are missing. So many great games.
Also Blizzard but they will never release the oldies there.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

And there are a lot of Star Trek games too. Don’t forget about those. They could be going for the lot… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The star trek adventures or the Elite Force games were very good. Would be good to get a digital release.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Elite Force series was my favorite. Way beyond the adventures too. They recreated the essence of star trek in gaming form. Grin Man, I miss Voyager. Frown

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Monolith - 21 February 2013 02:55 PM

Elite Force series was my favorite. Way beyond the adventures too. They recreated the essence of star trek in gaming form. Grin Man, I miss Voyager. Frown

Maybe you’re thinking of Star Wars. The essence of Star Trek is NOT running around shooting aliens.

The Judgment Rites,25th Anniversary and A Final Unity games were excellent.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Well, I don’t much about the essence of Star Trek because I never really watch many episodes but the Elite Force games were great. Smile
But bringing Star Trek games to gog.com would probably be be difficult because of the licenses.

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Zifnab - 21 February 2013 04:46 PM

Maybe you’re thinking of Star Wars. The essence of Star Trek is NOT running around shooting aliens.

Last I checked, Elite Force had everything you wanted out of Star Trek. Community, science fiction tech, politics, exploring the ship, holodeck, etc. The game wasn’t just about shooting. It was about an elite away team. Away Team have been every trekkies dream to be apart of. Elite Force perfected a mix between action FPS with the essence of Star Trek.

The new Star Trek supposedly has the essence, but in your words, once there’s shooting, it no longer carries it.

wilco - 21 February 2013 07:06 PM

Well, I don’t much about the essence of Star Trek because I never really watch many episodes but the Elite Force games were great. Smile
But bringing Star Trek games to gog.com would probably be be difficult because of the licenses.

Especially how Star Wars isn’t even on GOG. So many great games came from it, some extremely popular. Licensing is a B**ch

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

Monolith - 21 February 2013 07:30 PM

Last I checked, Elite Force had everything you wanted out of Star Trek. Community, science fiction tech, politics, exploring the ship, holodeck, etc. The game wasn’t just about shooting. It was about an elite away team. Away Team have been every trekkies dream to be apart of. Elite Force perfected a mix between action FPS with the essence of Star Trek.

The new Star Trek supposedly has the essence, but in your words, once there’s shooting, it no longer carries it.

Shooting was the FOCUS, at least of the Elite Force game I played. Star Trek has phaser battles and such, but that’s not the main thing. I didn’t feel like I was participating in a Star Trek adventure when I played Elite Force. I felt like I was playing an FPS with Star Trek set dressing. Not that it wasn’t enjoyable, but I felt a LOT more like I was “playing Star Trek” when I was playing the adventure games.

Obviously perceptions differ, but I’m with Zifnab on this one.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Monolith - 21 February 2013 07:30 PM

Oh, it’s not a bad game at all. In fact I enjoyed it a lot even though it was on rails, the only choice you made was who to shoot and when and various similar tactical decisions. It was extremely well done and captured the ST aesthetic perfectly.

The old Interplay adventure games had you making tough decisions. What approach should I take towards this sentient pile of goo? Do I attack this ship whose captain has taken hostages or approach peacefully in hope of negotiating? Should I interfere with this planet’s problems or follow the prime directive to the book? The great thing was you could choose.

And there were different consequences to your actions rather than just “live or die”. There were different ways to succeed in your mission. And the stories weren’t just an alien race trying to invade you: they were about the future of mankind as well as the present, the nature of technology and the possibilities of encountering alien life. That’s what I got out of watching Star Trek.

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

You know, such a game would be more adventure based if it was done today. Look at Elite Force 2 with the tricorder addition. Elite Force came out when FPS games were groundbreaking and innovative. Elite Force 1 felt like an episode from Voyager. I remember playing it again right after finishing watching the show. A perfect addition to the series. Again, this wasn’t meant to be a deep game beyond traditional linear storytelling. Sure you make good points, but that goes beyond the basic essence and goes into the Ethics of Star Trek.

Curious how the new game is going to turn out. Probably going to be another Gears of War clones. Meh I wouldn’t mind a modern traditional adventure. ^_^

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Omikron!!!!

This was one of the top of my most wanted.
Because of problem with one of the cds I never finished the game…

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Wait what?...No? Way? *pulls gun and and shoots himself*

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The Lady of the cats got released.

Also a cool-looking action-RPG named Evoland that I never heard about

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!