• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

danigar

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 31 October 2014

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 01 November 2014 06:34 AM

I can’t get it to work. What OS?

Doom - 01 November 2014 08:27 AM

I think it was Windows XP back then. But it doesn’t work on my current system either, no matter what Meh

Check this you two.
Press Ctrl + F (while on the page I linked), type Tony and press Enter.

BTW, (stupid) Tony works fine on my laptop with XP Pro SP2 (without ScummVM or anything else).

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

zobraks - 02 November 2014 02:26 AM
Karlok - 01 November 2014 06:34 AM

I can’t get it to work. What OS?

Doom - 01 November 2014 08:27 AM

I think it was Windows XP back then. But it doesn’t work on my current system either, no matter what Meh

Check this you two.
Press Ctrl + F (while on the page I linked), type Tony and press Enter.

BTW, (stupid) Tony works fine on my laptop with XP Pro SP2 (without ScummVM or anything else).

ScummVM runs `Night of the Roasted moths`, not `A Rakes Progress` which, I believe, was the game in question Wink

I quite like Night of the Roasted Moths, I’ve played it several times. A very fun and colorful LucasArts-y adventure, with those awesome mirror-house perspectives that I love. Lot’s of inventory items, lots of hotspots and multiple puzzles to solve at the same time. However, I too find the protagonist’s voice (English) rather grating. That voice, combined with the fact that he’s throwing sarcastic insults at you whenever you try using an inappropriate item on an object (which happens a lot, because, as mentioned, some of the puzzles are quite hard) can get very annoying, but the remaining characters are voiced very well and kinda evens it out. Still, I’d certainly appreciate the option to play with German voices and English subtitles.

I remember being ecstatic upon the release of this game, a fresh 2D breeze in the evergrowing plethora of 3D yuckiness.  Sadly, the sequel, A Rake’s Progress, went straight into the 3D pitfall (why do AG-franchises keep doing that??) and looks as unappetizing as the original looks good Frown

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Dag - 02 November 2014 03:13 AM

ScummVM runs `Night of the Roasted moths`, not `A Rakes Progress` which, I believe, was the game in question Wink

That’s the case. Also while I prefer the original 2D, the cartoon style of 3D characters was really good. Backgrounds sucked, but it was a project by enthusiasts made on a small budget. I read Tony’s postmortem somewhere, they were really just a bunch of adventure fans who came together.

PC means personal computer

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top