• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophyceanchrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Next Big Remake ?

Poll: Which remake would you like to play most?
Total Votes: 39
Blade Runner
Day of the Tentacle
Discworld Noir
Full Throttle
Indy Fate of Atlantis
Last Express
Other*
Outcast
Zork Grand Inquisitor

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

In the era of remakes there are still plenty great ag waits for reborn from ashes,which one would you like to play most?

-Blade Runner
Need some high-poly characters with adding subtitles will do.

-Day of the Tentacle
Needs like Monkey Island special edition style remastering.

-Discworld Noir
This near forgotten title doesnt run on any modern os and needs reveal it’s potential once again.

-Full Throttle
I believe this title on lots of gamers mind lately and likely on some developers too.

-Indy Fate of Atlantis
An unforeseeable fan project going on right now hope turns out good enough to fully (re)playable.

-Last Express
Needs to run 24 fps at least with hd resolution.

-Other
*Except Grim fandango which is currently under development.

-Outcast
Kickstarting failed coz maybe new screens doesnt look much different from old one,remaking open world 3d ag an huge challenge.

-Zork Grand Inquisitor
A realMyst: Interactive 3D Edition like remake can make Zork GI more than alive.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Out from these games the answer for me is Discworld Noir. It is a great game, but it would need at least extensive engine overhaul because it just doesn’t work under modern OS’s. It was already a hassle to get working under Windwos XP, but after 64-bit hardware became more common it became plain impossible to get it running.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

I’d love either Blade Runner or DotT, mainly because they’re much harder to get (oh, and why not Discworld Noir, too). Also, because the DotT remake was so far done before Disney bought Lucasarts. That’s the one I’d expect from this list (and Outcast, of course).

I’d love Outcast, too. I did back it (of course it’s very far from the kind of adventure game these others are, being an action-adventure-shooter type of thing). I don’t think it failed because “new screens doesnt look much different from old one”. I think it was much more a combination of several things, including not being well-known enough and just hitting Kickstarter at the wrong time, after the main KS-rush had already passed. It’s so much harder to get money for games there now.

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2012-02-15

PM

Discworld Noir was a real enigma for me,really like to solve, but because of graphics and crash issues and couldn’t play neither on xp nor win 7 and of course a Full Throttle hd makes a dream come true.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Gabriel KNight 3 is mor ein need of an update than the first game. The 3D graphics on that have really dated.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Lucien21 - 26 October 2014 05:18 AM

Gabriel KNight 3 is mor ein need of an update than the first game. The 3D graphics on that have really dated.

But so does the 3D graphics in 20th Anniversary. At least GK3 took full advantage of its engine, and I doubt that anyone is capable of doing a proper 3D remake today.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I picked “other”. I’d like a Walking Dead remake, this time to include puzzles.

Okay okay… Maupiti Island. In full 3D, real-time, 1st person glory. That would be amazing.

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Lucien21 - 26 October 2014 05:18 AM

This should be an ambitious project for alive looking story narrative;needs an open world Rennes-le-Château region map,when Gabe driving motorcycle Mose driving his car while Gracie on tour bus in real time,looks about 4-5m$ project at least.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Chose Discworld Noir because of it being hard to play. I’d be happy if they just released most of those games in the list to be playable on modern systems, no need for graphical or gameplay remakes.

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Doom - 26 October 2014 05:31 AM

I doubt that anyone is capable of doing a proper 3D remake today.

You are right when consider ag developers today but things can change in next 5 years..anyway there is another option: revising GK3 as an action adventure title.

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2014-10-24

PM

Obviously I’m more in favour of brand new adventure games than remakes, *ahem* Wink but I’d really like to see an updated version of Sam ‘n Max Hit the Road. It was my favourite adventure game growing up and I remember being super excited for the sequel that was canned (supposedly when it was pretty close to being finished), still think the trailer for it looks amazing (can watch the trailer on YouTube still).

I’ve found the Telltale stuff OK, the first series I wasn’t a fan of at all but it has gotten better, although it’s never reached the heights of the first game and I’ve always been very curious to see what the Lucas Arts sequel would have been like.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I picked Blade Runner because I love the setting but I still haven’t even played the game because it’s hard to get, hard to get to work and it’s old as age. So I think it would be really nice to get it done again properly.

I think Discworld Noir is fine apart from perhaps getting a patch to make it work better with modern OSs. It’s not that long ago that I got it to work though and it looks and sounds pretty good still.

DoTT I also think it’s pretty damn fine as it is. Though it’s not like really object any remakes to 80s and 90s games. If done properly, they could benefit the graphic overhaul at least.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 26 October 2014 05:52 AM

I’d be happy if they just released most of those games in the list to be playable on modern systems, no need for graphical or gameplay remakes.

What Wilco said.

I chose Zork GI because it’s too grainy for its own good

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2014-10-24

PM

wilco - 26 October 2014 05:52 AM

I’d be happy if they just released most of those games in the list to be playable on modern systems, no need for graphical or gameplay remakes.

Certainly some stuff has aged better than others, early 3D stuff is particularly hard to go back to in its original state. When they announced the Grim Fandango remake I dug out a very old Windows 98 machine at my parents to give it a go and, er, I still think it’s the greatest adventure game ever (IMO) but some of it does look very ugly now. Mind you stuff like The Curse of Monkey Island is still very easy on the eye, even if the art is a bit low res and pixelly looking (that’s a technical term, btw).

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I’d like to see a remake of Space Quest III. It might be the best game in the series, but it was right on the cusp of when everything else was going point and click and VGA and all that.

Deja Vu is also an intriguing prospect after the recent Shadowgate treatment.

Some of these games are pretty much perfect as they are. I think stuff that has aged poorly in one way or another is the best candidate for a remake. Even some remakes of the best text adventures (Hitchhiker’s Guide…) could shape up pretty well.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

oh geez, well preferably i hope for more new games and less remakes. But out of this list i’d most like to see a *GOOD* remake of blade runner. I think it stands the most to gain from some interface and mechanics improvements.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top