• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 16 October 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I wanted to include a non-English actor.  Enter Jeanne Moreau, the narrator in the French edutainment title Genesys (2001), in an ill-fitting jacket that’s two sizes too big.  I sold the game years ago and it proved remarkably hard to find good screenshots of Jeanne, so you’ll have to do with this one. 

I played and even finished Genesys, something I would not do today. The history of mankind sketched in a couple of hours. The part I remember best is the Industrial Revolution.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Not on topic, but it was a missed opportunity not to have Dean Erickson on yesterday for the Actor in AGSotD Laughing

That would have been quite fitting

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

subbi - 16 October 2014 08:04 AM

Not on topic, but it was a missed opportunity not to have Dean Erickson on yesterday for the Actor in AGSotD Laughing

I think the topic of the week was actual actors Tongue

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Yes, he won’t win any actual awards, but he was an actor in The Beast Within.

I don’t think he has done any real motion pictures, so if that’s the argument, then yes, he shouldn’t be shown here.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Why would it have been fitting?

PS: Dean Erickson once dated Daphne in the series Frasier.  Cool They kissed goodnight.  Heart Eyes It might be on youtube but I can’t find it.

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Gabriel Knight 20th anniversary edition got released yesterday?

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

subbi - 16 October 2014 09:24 AM

Dean Erickson’s not in that one!  Wink

I did complete Genesys but I think I might have given away my copy too! My thought was that it may have been more interesting to a younger player?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

subbi - 16 October 2014 09:24 AM

Stupid me. Forgot all about it. Frown
(I prepare most pics in advance.)

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

With Jeanne Moreau being a French actress the only films I’ve seen her in are Love Actually, & this one Nikita which I think I watched with English sub-titles way back in 1990: 

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

She was also in the French classic masterpieces Les Amants (The Lovers) and Les Quatre Cents Coups (The 400 Blows).

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 16 October 2014 09:12 AM

Why would it have been fitting?

PS: Dean Erickson once dated Daphne in the series Frasier.  Cool They kissed goodnight.  Heart Eyes It might be on youtube but I can’t find it.

I found this but I don’t think it has the kiss

Edit: Found it! Smile

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I watched Cheers avidly but didn’t have a chance to follow Frasier apart from a few episodes so it was a surprise that Dean Erickson, when I saw that he was a guest star in the series, featured quite a lot more than I thought!

NB I got the pic of the kiss from your link wilco so I hope you don’t mind me posting it!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

You found it, Wilco! Smile

It’s not a great kiss though, is it. Very short, nothing to see. Almost a peck. And frankly, the way Dean Erickson delivers his lines is nothing to write home about. He did a much butter job in GK.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top